Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping back to the USA

We see a million threads about how to ship this or that from there to here, here being the Dominican Republic, but I have a small (50cc) three wheeled motorcycle that someone back in Missouri has offered to pay me quite a bit fpr if I can deliver it there. Does anyone know about shipping that direction?
    I ain't that good at Googling stuff and can make neither heads nor tails of the Million hits I get. I have used a bonded warehouse in the past when we imported mexican pottery into Ft Lauderdale from Mexico, but cannot even locate one of them. Anybody?
    Der Fish

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason there are no threads on this is that nobody has ever found a good way to do this. Probably cost more than the motorcycle is worth.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Not going to be easy or cheap.

1) You may need to get the gas tank and lines flushed then certified gasoline free.
    2) Your motorcycle will need to be crated.
    3) Crate delivered to freight company along with paperwork for DR & US customs.
    4) Customs broker in the US to clear it through customs.
    5) Freight transporter to get it to where it needs to be in the US.

I suspect, your buyer is not willing to pay enough to cover the costs of getting it to him thus the effort to do so is probably not worth it.

Start by working the problem from the other way around. Contact vehicle shippers in the US and ask them if they can handle shipments from the DR to the US. If this works out and is cost effective, let that company make all of the arrangements so that you just need to know when & where - which will be the port of Caucedo east of SD.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dominican Republic exports tons and tons of products every day. Bannana pineapples etc. So there are shippers, its just a matter of getting connected. If not I see an opurtunity for a busness venture for someone.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Gas Tank
    When I imported my car- the stipulation was less than 1/4 tank of gas

try this place Derf
    he was a poster here...

http://chatelaincargo.com/

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    We see a million threads about how to ship this or that from there to here, here being the Dominican Republic, but I have a small (50cc) three wheeled motorcycle that someone back in Missouri has offered to pay me quite a bit fpr if I can deliver it there. Does anyone know about shipping that direction?
    I ain't that good at Googling stuff and can make neither heads nor tails of the Million hits I get. I have used a bonded warehouse in the past when we imported mexican pottery into Ft Lauderdale from Mexico, but cannot even locate one of them. Anybody?
    Der Fish
    Derf, you need to make sure that bike, the particular model, is on the approved EPA list for the states.

Otherwise, it will not be released by customs.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Gas Tank
    When I imported my car- the stipulation was less than 1/4 tank of gas

try this place Derf
    he was a poster here...

http://chatelaincargo.com/
    THanks. I visited that website and sent a message.