Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Early June/2020 10 day trip to Paris-London-Amsterdam - any suggestions?

Francs, Brits and Dutch friends,

my family (wife + 2 boys - 21 & 24) and i will be visiting Europe for the first time this coming summer. We are planning to stay 3 days in Paris take the train west to London and fly to Amsterdam. We also plan to stay 3 days in London and 2 days in Amsterdam.

Do you think it would be worth taking a trip to Burgundy or Stonehenge ? The only reason I ask is because each one of these trips would probably take a full day not leaving us much time to do other things.

Any suggestions on what to do on any of these 3 countries besides the usual, i.e. museums, palace, tower, bars in Amsterdam, pubs in London ?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Are any of you, your wife and family members Dominicans and if so do they have Schengen visas for the visit to the EU?

I really enjoyed Paris when I visited many years ago. Versailles was an interesting visit and I liked Windsor Castle when I was in England. But my work took me to those areas and I just had some extra time so see them. I have never considered a visit to stonehenge. Still am not considering one. I would go to other parts of France given the chance and really enjoyed Italy as well, but that does not seem to be on your list.

3. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I took a day trip that included Stonehenge, Bath, and Hampton Court Palace. Although kind of hectic, and we had to rush at our final site, IMHO it wouldn't be worth it to dedicate whole day only for Stonehenge.

Also went on another one to to Edinburgh. That was awesome. From Paris, I took the one to Brugges in Belguim. Loved it!

I like hop on/off buses. Some people are like "That's too touristy", but hey, you're a tourist! Plus, they include several routes (lines), and once you're done with one, you can do the other ones without having to pay extra. I also recommend to do the boat tour. A great way to see the cities from another perspective.

I've used Paris City Vision, Viator, Evan Evans Tours, and Gray Line.
    Last edited by Aguaita29; 01-09-2020 at 08:34 AM.

5. Likes Timotero liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In England about 1h from London Waddesdon Manor is a must, it belongs to the Rothschilds

7. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Paris for 4 days this summer. Not nearly long enough, but on one rainy day I went to the Paris Catacombs while my travel companion went shopping in the Galeries Lafayette. We also did the obligatory Eiffel Tower (just ok but I guess it is a must do), Montmarte and Sacre Cour and a day in Le Marais. the Picaso Museum in Le Marais was impressive. My companion did not go in, she went shopping in Le Marais instead. lol

for me the visit to the Catacombs was the highlight.

I missed seeing a lot of things, so now I must return one day....

9. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Le louvre.. the place to visit.

11. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Le louvre.. the place to visit.
    I agree, but had to skip it due to time constraints. Next trip for sure

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

They say the Sewer Tour is fantastic..... seriously

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If architecture is your thing - Sainte-Chapelle in Paris.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the French countryside... chateaus etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast