Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Strategic Plan for Road Safety in the Dominican Republic, 2019-2022

INTRANTpublished a comprehensive plan for improving road safety in the DR based on an enormous body of stats. This document is a worthwhile read.

A great component is motorcycle safety, a subject near and dear to my heart.

You can find the downloadable .PDF document here: https://intrant.gob.do/transparencia...02017-2020.pdf

I may put this in Dropbox. If you have a problem downloading from the INTRANT website, PM me your email address and I'll send the Dropbox link.

I had some input into this document on the motorcycle side, and hope the government stays focused on the task.

I'm asking for a word document that can be translated. If I get one I will let you know.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

2. Likes Jelly liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

57% of drivers may not have DL.......the funniest thing I ever heard!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Its going to take generations of real cultural change before
    the roads here are any safer.

5. Likes caribmike, Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am afraid a plan for road safety will remain a plan for road safety. With history as my guide, you cannot fix stupid with a plan.

7. Likes Peterj, ROLLOUT liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I am afraid a plan for road safety will remain a plan for road safety. With history as my guide, you cannot fix stupid with a plan.
    True. But you have to start somewhere.

It took 10 years for Americans to stop littering, but at least it happened.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

9. Likes caribmike, Jelly, ctrob, Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is always hope. But DR and "strategic" and a "plan"? Well...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great news! Yes, everything has to start somewhere but it gives me hope! I'm GM of a road safety company in the construction industry in Canada and it is wearisome to be forever taking the "what not to do" pictures here (although, the scenarios always present themselves). My DH drove like a maniac in the DR before moving here. He follows the rules of the road in Canada and now when he returns to the DR he doesn't return to the maniac (although I might argue he's a little closer to the maniac driver in the DR than in Canada). The entire population needs to change; an entire cultural shift as noted above. But it's possible, even if it's one person at a time. Would love to read the strategic plan once it's able to be translated. My Spanish is okay but not terrific. Thanks for sharing!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A comprehensive plan towards realistically combatting drinking while driving or operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Yes, throw their a**ses in the hole if caught. Regardless of title or economic standing. Confiscate, and demolish vehicles as well. Harsh, yes. Needed, yes.

13. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    A comprehensive plan towards realistically combatting drinking while driving or operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Yes, throw their a**ses in the hole if caught. Regardless of title or economic standing. Confiscate, and demolish vehicles as well. Harsh, yes. Needed, yes.
    Hard to agree with you on that, given the level of corruption we have here. I just don't see it happening in the future for those with high rank for lots of money. I would like to be wrong, but don't believe I am.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I would bet that the indisciplined motoconchos are involved,directly or indirectly in 90% of accidents or incidents in the towns.
    Cure that before anything else or it's a lost cause.

I hate them with a vengeance...

16. Likes Wishing you well liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast