Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    The normals will not allow it .

The most common form of transportation in towns has to be carro publicos, and lets face it, the majority of them are unfit to be driven, and that's not even factoring in that they pack 6 passengers in them.

In the campos a personal motorbike has to be the preferred form of transportation.
    No authority is going to alienate 50%+ of the population by stopping a husband from taking his wife and 2 kids on his bike to visit grand-mother, or prohibit people from transporting a pig/ ora de cin/ milk jugs, etc....... even though the bikes are not adapted to it.

The only positive ( depending on how you see it ) can come from drinking-and-driving. Once the politicos realise what a cash-cow that could be, we might see a crack down on that......... in a decade or more.

On a more personal note, the dr would lose some of its appeal if it had strict transportation laws like back home. I can do without government telling me what gear i need to ride a bike, or what i can or cannot do inside my own car ( like drink a beer ).
    But i get it, some men make better serfs than free men ( or something like that )
    Right! but some bike people here tell you over end over again that they have the authority to tell you you hve to wear a helmeut.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Right! but some bike people here tell you over end over again that they have the authority to tell you you hve to wear a helmeut.
    ...ever see the P.N. on motorcycles wearing helmets?.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    if they were just forced to put mufflers on those motos I would be happy. Some of them you can hear 1/2 mile away. Its extremely inconsiderate to operate one of those things w/o a muffler. I dont really care if they run off the road drunk and hit a sign post or tree. Chalk that up to the culture . I am still trying to figure out why they insist on taking the lights, muffler and mirrors off of those things
    I agree with all the above, but would point out that some of the worst offenders when it comes to deafening motos are gringos on Harleys.

4. Likes Big, thompstr liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    I agree with all the above, but would point out that some of the worst offenders when it comes to deafening motos are gringos on Harleys.
    Not even close to the snarling. popping, cracking ATVs with their high pitch noise.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...ever see the P.N. on motorcycles wearing helmets?.....
    Yes...

7. Likes USA DOC liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too.......

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Those dirty bearded losers are the worst. I have seen less of those dirty derelicts, I think RCMP clamped down on the biker clowns and they don't travel as much,I don't see them as much. We could use a Rudy Giuliani type mayor to focus on the quality of life type laws. Prostitutes, pp in the street does not bother me so much because it doesn't affect me. But loud bikes,ATVs, trucks with speakers is a health nuisance

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't care if an idiot doesn't want to wear a crash hat or seat belt.In fact we should let Darwin and attrition handle that.

I have no objection to people driving tiny motores correctly with 50 people on board if they so wish.That does not affect my future health or longevity in any way.

Wheelies on a track I can applaud but having lost two acquaintances here due to these dikkeds losing control on public roads I do take an extremely dim view.

Wrong way down one way streets, (like the PN of course,) cutting directly across the traffic,ignoring red,green, pink or any colour lights with total impunity,refusing to stop or even slow down at blind intersections,weaving at speed between pedestrians and kids,pulling out without a clue what's coming,speeding through school and heavily populated areas and generally acting like homicidal delinquents does put my and other innocent's prolonged survival at risk.

I hate them.

People who ride Hardly Didditsons in this country are usually sad mid-lifers with a huge self-identity disorder.They are so few and their bikes work properly so infrequently I can discount them, other than as an occasional threat to my tolerance and ear drums.

Those who regularly ride real sports bikes are no real threat as,to have survived this long, they must be pretty good at riding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123