Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Republic marriage certificate

Hi and happy new year

I am not living in the DR any more, how do I get a copy of my DR marriage certificate please?

Also, if I leave it to me ex to do the divorce, all straight forward, what should that cost in pesos?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You get your dr marriage certificate at a JCE ( junta central electoral---- i think ), cost should be 400 pesos for a normal one..... ( inextensa one could be a 100 pesos more, i cant remember ).

No idea for a divorce.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't give the money to your dominican ex to do the divorce. He will probably spend the money on something he feels is more important like drinking with his buddies. If you want something done do it yourself.

4. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I’m in the uk, how would I contact the JCE, do you have an email for them by any chance please? Sorry to seem dim but what is inextensa?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman View Post
    Hi I’m in the uk, how would I contact the JCE, do you have an email for them by any chance please? Sorry to seem dim but what is inextensa?
    Not too sure tbh....... it has a couple of lines more than the regular marriage certificate.
    The " regular " one is extracto de acta de matrimonio ,
    And the other is acta inextensa de matrimonio .

The only difference i see is the latter has each party's place and date of birth.

I would phone the JCE of the circunscription where the marriage was celebrated, to check if the marriage is on a digital database.
    It is only recently that there is a database, before they looked it up in a physical book at your JCE.
    Apparently now you can request a certificate in any JCE ( but i haven't tried, always go to my initial local JCE ).
    You will also probably have to have the act legalisado, not available in small towns...... but for around 300 pesos a guy at the JCE will send it to be done for you in a big town like santiago ( in my case ).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

https://jce.gob.do/

You can search your specific JCE in the list and get phone number and address .

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Can this be gotten if you are not here , or do you need to provide a lawyer with power of attorney to get one?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your advice, I’ve emailed the JCE so I hope they get back to me

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that. You emailed them in Spanish right?

Let us know, miracles do happen, so I am told.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    You will also probably have to have the act legalisado, not available in small towns...... but for around 300 pesos a guy at the JCE will send it to be done for you in a big town like santiago ( in my case ).
    I just recently found out when obtaining a legalised birth certificate that this is no longer possible. There was an official notification of this posted on the service window at JCE in Sosua. I had to go to Santiago to get it legalised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast