Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I just recently found out when obtaining a legalised birth certificate that this is no longer possible. There was an official notification of this posted on the service window at JCE in Sosua. I had to go to Santiago to get it legalised.
    Yeah, i phrased that weirdly.
    What i meant is you pay 400 pesos for the certificate and then 300 pesos ( mas o menos ) for a dude to take it to santiago to get legalised ( the legalisation is free----- you are basically paying a motoconcho, but usually a guy who works at your local JCE who proposes the service for beer money ).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

DR and Marriage certificate is too dangerous to be used in the same sentence.

3. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I just recently found out when obtaining a legalised birth certificate that this is no longer possible. There was an official notification of this posted on the service window at JCE in Sosua. I had to go to Santiago to get it legalised.
    Excellent point about the legalization only being done in Santiago at the special office for that. That adds a big hurdle to getting it done.

A response to an email is unlikely.

I suspect lawyers will need to be involved with powers of attorney. Especially because of the legalization needed in Santiago and then the possible need for an Apostille as well if this is to be used out of the DR. The Apostille must be done at yet another government office.

5. Likes cavok liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Excellent point about the legalization only being done in Santiago at the special office for that. That adds a big hurdle to getting it done.

A response to an email is unlikely.

I suspect lawyers will need to be involved with powers of attorney. Especially because of the legalization needed in Santiago and then the possible need for an Apostille as well if this is to be used out of the DR. The Apostille must be done at yet another government office.
    If for use outside the DR, in the UK, chances are the OP will get a british certificate instead.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    If for use outside the DR, in the UK, chances are the OP will get a british certificate instead.
    The UK is part of the Hague Convention regarding the Apostille requirement for documents to be leaglized, so I suspect, very strongly, that an Apostille will be needed on any DR generated document from the DR government office that does the Apostille and possibly there might need to be some type of additional "British Certificate" as well but that would happen after the Apostille if the document needs legal translation to English, for example, back in the UK.

https://www.gsccca.org/notary-and-ap...e-country-list

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman View Post
    Hi and happy new year

I am not living in the DR any more, how do I get a copy of my DR marriage certificate please?

Also, if I leave it to me ex to do the divorce, all straight forward, what should that cost in pesos?
    I have used a legal courier named Leo he can get your documents and translate them and certify them. He is reliable this is his WhatsApp number:
    +1 (809) 223-6501

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12