Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Decent Bakery in Puerto Plata?

    Bagels or Muffins would be nice, but anything would be helpful. I need an upgrade from Jumbo.

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And here I thought Jumbo was an upgrade from what was there before it.


    In Cabarete there is Dick's and The Belgian Bakery. I have never seen anything like them in POP.

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    And here I thought Jumbo was an upgrade from what was there before it.


    In Cabarete there is Dick's and The Belgian Bakery. I have never seen anything like them in POP.
    Bagels or Muffins? All Jumbo has is pastries, and tired cookies.

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Bagels or Muffins? All Jumbo has is pastries, and tired cookies.
    I never said what Jumbo had, just that it seemed to have some stuff that was better than other POP locations. Certainly not what Dicks or the Belgian Bakery have.

    What about this place in POP:

    https://chocolatebakeryrd.wixsite.co...DRjnBO69Gz9PaM

    Now that I see the menu options, it does not look like much of a "bakery".

    I am afraid you are looking for unobtanium in POP. Never saw anybody sell fresh bagels here, by the way, just imported ones in a plastic bag. The muffins I have gotten in Dominican grocery stores have not been worth eating.

  5. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No, my question was are there Bagels or Muffins in Cab. No bagels ok, but are there fresh muffins in Cab?
    What you got there?

  6. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    No, my question was are there Bagels or Muffins in Cab. No bagels ok, but are there fresh muffins in Cab?
    What you got there?
    I thought you asked for POP.

  7. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Bagels or Muffins would be nice, but anything would be helpful. I need an upgrade from Jumbo.
    Easier to bake your own to your proper needs.

  8. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tio Pan has some good baked goods. Calle J.A. Puig, Torre alta

  9. Likes ctrob liked this post
  10. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fresh home made bagels The Anchor Restaurant in Costambar makes them

  11. Likes ctrob, windeguy liked this post
  12. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Man View Post
    Fresh home made bagels The Anchor Restaurant in Costambar makes them
    Perfect! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •