First World Cup Surprise!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002

Allez les bleus! (Is this right? Don't know too much French, although I love it!)

francais.gif

Whatever happened to France today?

Let's hope tomorrow's game between Uruguay-Denmark gives us another surprise! ;)

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
After several years of sharing a roof with a fan of "the red dynamite" I still feel I must root for DK (sorry Musicqueen). Go vikings!
Denmark.gif

I felt sympathy for France but enjoyed that Senegal won. I always end up cheering the underdogs.

pascal

Jan 14, 2002
The bleus are even before started exhausted by the 55 to the 60 season games played in the most famous clubs of europe. I am sure they will reconvene in due time while the senegalais will draw underneath the pitch.

PIB
I felt sympathy for France but enjoyed that Senegal won. I always end up cheering the underdogs.
unquote
Was wondering whether you had also come across a senegalaise alliance in Montecristi ! :) you , trahisonera !!!!!!!!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I guess this is the answer to my question...

Yes...there was another surprise...

Denmark won 2-1....

Oh, well...it's just starting...I never loose hope!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Obviously I hold no flag in this competition because my home team didn't make it to the World Cup. I admidt it is pretty hard for a team that doesn't exist to make it anywhere. I just enjoy the game (the only sport I can watch on TV... well that and figure skating). I am probably the only person -still alive- that cheered BOTH opposing teams in a national finals. :devious:, I admit that it wasn't too smart.

But I do have my sympathies. After 4 years of "brain washing"... I mean education in the AF I feel like blurting out "Allons enfants de la Patrie / Le jour de gloire est arriv? !" every time France plays. Instead I always end up cheering the underdogs. I am a sucker for a happy, fairy tale ending. In the last wold cup I went against my natural instinct of supporting a latin-american country and rooted for France. I couldn't stand Brazil's arrogance.

BTW, DK won. Hihi...
evillaugh2.gif

Better luck next time to France and Uruguay.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Dam gerhuns!!

Germans -Thrashed the hell out of the Saudis. 8 - 0 !! Hope they get thier oil supply cut off for that one.
Their day will come.......

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
What were those German thinking?! 8-0? This is not basketball.

I went back to bed when it was 4-0 in the first half. The comentator said that the German keeper was the highest paid spectator in the stadium :)

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah

if a guy has nothing else to be proud of he can be proud of of his
soccer team. Proud X_man.

PS if they win

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
True Brit

Really looking forward to the England game tommrow, will be a bit weird been in the pub at 10.30 in the morning but will make a change.

England is fantastic at the moment, makes me proud to be British. With both the football and the queens jubilee there are flags everwhere. Hope England do well tommrow!!!!!!