Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I’d share, for any who really care: So bought Serrano (the Dominican Serrano) and think it’s just ok. Much much much better than the Induban, but not nearly as good as Bustelo. I use both a Bialetti moka and also a moka from Spain. So right now I continue to say Go Bustelo if you enjoy a delicious cup every time.

2. Likes etolw liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Just thought I’d share, for any who really care: So bought Serrano (the Dominican Serrano) and think it’s just ok. Much much much better than the Induban, but not nearly as good as Bustelo. I use both a Bialetti moka and also a moka from Spain. So right now I continue to say Go Bustelo if you enjoy a delicious cup every time.
    How do you drink your coffee Jeb?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    How do you drink your coffee Jeb?
    Hi. I’m sorry I don’t understand your question. Jeb

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Hi. I’m sorry I don’t understand your question. Jeb
    Sorry.. Do you drink your coffee black or with cream and/or sugar?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks!!

I have read through most of the thread and about all I can contribute is that with the passing of Ken Brown down in Neiba, I have not had a steady supply of Cafe Melo, which is absolutely a great coffee. Like cigars, coffee varies with the land it grows on, so it varies.

I think that with the new crops coming into the market, there will be a lot to choose from.

For example, the coffee that Mrs. CB's family grows is absolutely top drawer. And there is an exclusive coffee shop here in Santiago called "El Extraño José" that sells beans from Neiba (they say Barahona, but they are from Neiba) and from the Jarabacoa factory of the Ramirez group.

The coffee shop at HOMS belongs to a coffee family that has its farm up in Juncalito, to the south of Santiago Province in the high foothills of the Central Mountains. They also sell beans.

What the HB household has turned to is a mixture of ground beans plus a variety of other coffees that are store-bought. It produces a pretty fair cuppa, at least for us.

That Serrano coffee, I think, is done by a guy (Italian) out on the highway to Navarrete, who used to make crappy cigars. He also sells Cafe Pilón and a couple of other brands. On AlterEgo's recommendation I will go out there and see what he has to offer.

I am waiting for CB to report that the family has some 14+ beans to sell.....mmmmm, they are sooo good...

HB

PS. Family in Guatemala grow both organic and normal coffee....uncle headed Central America Coffee Growers Assn.
    Maybe coffee runs in my veins?? HAAH
    Moderator DR1.com

7. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I heat milk and drink with 1-2 teaspoon sugar

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I am waiting for CB to report that the family has some 14+ beans to sell.....mmmmm, they are sooo good...

HB
    With a decent growing climate, maybe next year. The plants are coming back strong. It just took three years post-rust.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910