Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    So the route would be Vietnam-Dominican Republic-Jamaica. That makes sense.
    I don't know what makes "sense", I do know some family coffee in years past was purchased as specialty coffee by Jamaican producers, same coffee-growing conditions, down to soil ph.

Of course, the rust wiped it out.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Monte Alto from Jarabacoa may not be the best coffee in the world, but it's pretty good. Buy the beans at the Ramirez farm and you can be sure it's not imported.

3. Likes cobraboy, JDJones liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Upset with myself. I realize this is “the cart before the horse” But I decided to give one of the coffees mentioned here a go (I am the Bustelo lover) so I passed up the Serrano in Nacional because on package it says Dominican flavor or taste, and I decided to try Induban. All ok (I have not made it yet) until I googled and see it is owned by (for me at least) the despised group that owns Cafe Santo Domingo. I feel like giving it away. Bought it because its packaging says 100% Arabica beans. But I tend not to believe words from the company that puts out that tampered with Cafe Santo Domingo. So just venting. I made, imho a not bright decision.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Upset with myself. I realize this is “the cart before the horse” But I decided to give one of the coffees mentioned here a go (I am the Bustelo lover) so I passed up the Serrano in Nacional because on package it says Dominican flavor or taste, and I decided to try Induban. All ok (I have not made it yet) until I googled and see it is owned by (for me at least) the despised group that owns Cafe Santo Domingo. I feel like giving it away. Bought it because its packaging says 100% Arabica beans. But I tend not to believe words from the company that puts out that tampered with Cafe Santo Domingo. So just venting. I made, imho a not bright decision.������
    You may want to take a look at their website and see everything they produce:

https://www.induban.com/en/

6. Likes keepcoming liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

When a company has to talk about wild berries and delicious chocolate after-tones then I probably don't want to drink their coffee.
    Give me one that has an aroma like a hooker's slap in the face followed by a throat grabbing flavor like a Nate Diaz choke hold and delivers a porcelain busting rumble after two manly cups.

8. Likes Fulano2, cobraboy liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    You may want to take a look at their website and see everything they produce:

https://www.induban.com/en/
    I did.......Yikes Yikes Yikes . Message to me....Stay Away. Maybe give away.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Upset with myself. I realize this is “the cart before the horse” But I decided to give one of the coffees mentioned here a go (I am the Bustelo lover) so I passed up the Serrano in Nacional because on package it says Dominican flavor or taste, and I decided to try Induban. All ok (I have not made it yet) until I googled and see it is owned by (for me at least) the despised group that owns Cafe Santo Domingo. I feel like giving it away. Bought it because its packaging says 100% Arabica beans. But I tend not to believe words from the company that puts out that tampered with Cafe Santo Domingo. So just venting. I made, imho a not bright decision.������
    My MIL like Pilon which is also made by INDUBAN. I can tell you it has a much different taste and flavor than Cafe Santo Domingo. Much of the Induban premium brand comes from the Ranch Arriba area which is almost exclusively Arabica beans.
    Try this coffee https://www.lagentedelaisla.com/coll...legre-organico
    I have had Spirit Mountain coffee that is roasted by these people and it is very good.
    Last edited by bob saunders; 01-24-2020 at 08:47 PM.

12. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My MIL like Pilon which is also made by INDUBAN. I can tell you it has a much different taste and flavor than Cafe Santo Domingo. Much of the Induban premium brand comes from the Ranch Arriba area which is almost exclusively Arabica beans.
    Try this coffee https://www.lagentedelaisla.com/coll...legre-organico
    I have had Spirit Mountain coffee that is roasted by these people and it is very good.

14. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Induban - pathetic excuse for coffee. Pretty horrible. We tried it. Suffice to say we think it is not coffee (as we know it). Thin, bland, hardly an aroma, and barely a taste. The company that puts this stuff out should be apologetic that they market it as coffee (again as we who love our coffee feel right now). Just made pot of Bustelo and am enjoying.
    Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast