Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    Dominican coffee, not so much.. get some Jamaican Blue mountain coffee, about the best....
    Where do they sell that in DR? lol

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcinbrass View Post
    Where do they sell that in DR? lol
    Nowhere and it is too expensive anyways. I would rather have some Ethiopian or Tanzanian /Kenyan. Peruvian coffee is even better. Local brand here in Jarabacoa called Soprisa is very nice

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Nowhere and it is too expensive anyways. I would rather have some Ethiopian or Tanzanian /Kenyan. Peruvian coffee is even better. Local brand here in Jarabacoa called Soprisa is very nice
    I couldn't even be certain if I bought it at a reputable specialty shop here in NYC that I was getting the real McCoy. IMO Colombian Supremo is the best. In DR I drink Santo Domingo. Post rust the coffee is of good quality, not great.

4. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    .. Havent seen Blue mountain coffee outside of Jamaican in years and then it was very expensive, and only a mix of 50%...My other. favorite is Kona from Hawaii.. but has the same supply problem, in the D.R. I would look for a good Columbian..Great coffee is like Unobtainium. in the movie Avatar..its always on a planet far, far away with 9 foot tall blue people guarding it...…...Doc....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Got our hands on some Don Rozeria. I think out of Santiago. Very bold, smooth, spicy coffee with some excellent almondy notes.

Haven't seen it in any stores.

Delish!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Monte Alto

On my last trip to DR, my brother-in-law wanted to know why I bought six bags of Monte Alto (organic). Me: because that's all they had!! ¡¡no había más!!
    Last edited by frank617; 01-16-2020 at 04:59 AM.

8. Likes bonao99 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

And if you find yourself in Sajoma, pick-up one of these from a roadside stand:
    Last edited by frank617; 01-16-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    For us it still is Bustelo. Never have a moment of doubt when drinking it. But always happy to try highly recommended other coffees.
    Hey,

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee Bustelo right now, thanks to your recommendation!

Been through almost every other coffee brand available in the local supermarket, but Bustelo stands out as far the best available to me here in Cabarete.

I am in for another cup!

11. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Hey,

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee Bustelo right now, thanks to your recommendation!

Been through almost every other coffee brand available in the local supermarket, but Bustelo stands out as far the best available to me here in Cabarete.

I am in for another cup!
    Cafe Bustelo is not Dominican though. I agree, I like it as well.

13. Likes etolw, jeb321 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect the best coffee is just as subjective as the best pizza.

As for discussions, I am far more into the best pizza than I am regarding the best coffee.
    When it comes to coffee, I am obviously not as particular since Santo Domingo coffee is OK for me.
    But then, I am more inclined to drink tea and the best tea is from Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka.

The best pizza is from my home town.

The best coffee? I have no idea. For sure some of the worst ever is from Starbucks.

15. Likes bob saunders liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast