Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marriott W construction started in Cabarete?

Just east of Ocean One in Cabarete, work is being done to clear the land in what I expect is going to be the construction of the Marriott W in Cabarete.

Pictures were just posted on Facebook's Everything Cabarete page

2. Likes ctrob, cavok, CristoRey, ohmmmm liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes CristoRey liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That property brings back old memories, my first visit to Cabarete in 1998 were at the AI resort Estrella del Mar, the previous hotel at that spot. Closed down in 2003.

I read on the Ocean Club FB page that W hotel Cabarete plan to open fall 2022

6. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    That property brings back old memories, my first visit to Cabarete in 1998 were at the AI resort Estrella del Mar, the previous hotel at that spot. Closed down in 2003.

I read on the Ocean Club FB page that W hotel Cabarete plan to open fall 2022
    My first trip to Cabarete was around 2001 and when I actually moved here in 2003, the Azzurro Club had closed. It took 17 years for someone to take an interest in that site and redevelop it. A couple of years until the W opens might be optimistic. This was on the FB page for The Ocean Club Marriott in Sosua on what is also being called a "W Escape" in Cabarete and "coming soon", Ian Schembri-Saint posted:

W Escape
    Cabarete
    Opening 2022

Last edited by windeguy; 01-12-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.facebook.com/theoceanclu...PsTetk&__xts__[0]=68.ARBm86e3kLXq530V7-NDfVCqIETmMTHQsVX1ANSxN16Mm__y_44Y_n7_z-nthvgl8JWevJ3HMrgY1tMknjRZShoglzWIzYk5aeiMCdskXZitPKP1uEDYfS5FB3N6fGimFMPY6EyWWJgEIE_IXMz0Xu8580we81jCXslWn9GwV-Ne7hz2Oa2CmF-XLJxaQ3KmMb-hcxgvgnBZj6mkxS1vmlkXqhoWFSemEdW5hWzuzperdbgyybhEs6G0dcLeQ-hcl2SAX3UgoHO8OlwLspe95DrvsdM0GHwK99O252UM-QH7MaSml7KL2PuqxbihOeFaT--Lm4sJxGgRtvMuipMtwLA1JflcHMew7-AVStfd4PFCixOWfdUNObjGZqbXKsLFXuuZwfaLIWfX74f_sAdaSkYNn6oebl1fg4k2MmYoJXGwKREpvJnDKdO_6Ko5plP2jps4pz2-JdNwDAknLclisDe-tZpDveDPg0EaoT39SU-18R_ciT2hSr9d

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    My first trip to Cabarete was around 2001 and when I actually moved here in 2003, the Azzurro Club had closed. It took 17 years for someone to take an interest in that site and redevelop it. A couple of years until the W opens might be optimistic. This was on the FB page for The Ocean Club Marriott in Sosua on what is also being called a "W Escape" in Cabarete and "coming soon", Ian Schembri-Saint posted:

W Escape
    Cabarete
    Opening 2022

I've stayed at a few of the W Hotels mentioned in this video.
    They are always surrounded by very expensive real estate.
    Not to be negative but I seriously doubt we'll see one in Cabarete
    any time soon.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    I've stayed at a few of the W Hotels mentioned in this video.
    They are always surrounded by very expensive real estate.
    Not to be negative but I seriously doubt we'll see one in Cabarete
    any time soon.
    Ah, another doubter. The Sosua thread was full of such people. Doubt that big money was going to ever change anything in the sleepy little whore town. Until it did.

Marriott announced plans for this W on Cabarete beach, The Ritz Carlton Reserve in La Boca and the Marriott Beach Club in Sosua. Long ago. I had early word on developments and nobody believed. I see people still don't believe.

The Beach Club opens in March. Their site has the W in Cabarete opening in 2020. Work is under way. Road work is under way on the way to La Boca for the Ritz, but there will be doubters until the buildings are done and accepting clients.

Are Harmony, Ocean Dream and Ocean One in Cabarete "cheap properties"? How about Lifestyles in Cabarete, which also was never going to happen?

11. Likes ohmmmm liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Ah, another doubter. The Sosua thread was full of such people. Doubt that big money was going to ever change anything in the sleepy little whore town. Until it did.

Marriott announced plans for this W on Cabarete beach, The Ritz Carlton Reserve in La Boca and the Marriott Beach Club in Sosua. Long ago. I had early word on developments and nobody believed. I see people still don't believe.

The Beach Club opens in March. Their site has the W in Cabarete opening in 2020. Work is under way. Road work is under way on the way to La Boca for the Ritz, but there will be doubters until the buildings are done and accepting clients.
    where is the Ritz in Sosua? oh there is none. Where is there a Marriott property in the D.R with a "Marriott" emblem? Santo Domingo

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This clearance of the site started about a week ago. I asked the security guard if it was going to be a hotel and he said yes, in the form of apartments. He did not know if was a Marriott development.

14. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    where is the Ritz in Sosua? oh there is none. Where is there a Marriott property in the D.R with a "Marriott" emblem? Santo Domingo
    I thought we got past the Ritz in Sosua question.

I guess not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast