Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Viva Prepago cable

Has anyone here ever used viva prepago cable? Was on the site and they offer 120 channels 12 being HD
    with options to pay daily or monthly @ 35 pesos of course with the hefty 30% impuestos bringing it to $45 pesos daily.They also require you to buy the equipment @ 1750 pesos.I find this offer pretty interesting as it will allow us to have cable access while we're there but keeps us from getting locked into a contract ( of which I refuse to ever agree to for unessential utilities)Now things being what they are in the DR I expect hiccups with this service, my questions are what are your thoughts? what are you experiences with VIVA ( good, bad,indifferent) is prepago available with any other provider? I should mention the service is dish reliant so your equipment purchase includes installation 1-10 business days, which I'm sure will easily become 3-4 weeks.
    Thanks for any feedback.

2. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

We have it at our house. We paid for the dish and two boxes, a lot more than 1750 pesos, if I remember correctly it was about $250 USD. The first month they give you all the channels, including premiums, and after that you’ll get just what you signed up for. Easy to pay for the months you want it, at any Viva location, but when we needed changes made we couldn’t do that in San Cristobal, we had to go to Santo Domingo. Maybe that’s improved/changed.

It works well for us because we don’t live there year round.

It’s also cheaper if you also have a cellphone account with them

Admin
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    We have it at our house. We paid for the dish and two boxes, a lot more than 1750 pesos, if I remember correctly it was about $250 USD. The first month they give you all the channels, including premiums, and after that you’ll get just what you signed up for. Easy to pay for the months you want it, at any Viva location, but when we needed changes made we couldn’t do that in San Cristobal, we had to go to Santo Domingo. Maybe that’s improved/changed.

It works well for us because we don’t live there year round.

It’s also cheaper if you also have a cellphone account with them

You are correct typo on my part.$7,349.04RD is what they are quoting on chat at their site which is not a bad price considering no contract.i think I'm gonna take the plunge on my next visit.Gonna look into weather or not prepapago internet is an option as well.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ese tipo View Post
    You are correct typo on my part.$7,349.04RD is what they are quoting on chat at their site which is not a bad price considering no contract.i think I'm gonna take the plunge on my next visit.Gonna look into weather or not prepapago internet is an option as well.
    Going by memory here, but I think the monthly rate was about 500 pesos less if you have a Viva cell phone

Admin
    DR1.com