Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    Been there... done that. READ the contract.
    If you run out of minutes and don't recharge you phone after a certain period of time, you're canceled(?). Unless things have changed, there's no penalty.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmagor View Post
    Can you confirm that what malko says is correct - calls without paquetico are simply charged against available account balance?
    If he's saying that you can do a recarga and that all calls will be deducted from that credit/balance without first having to buy any paqueticos, he's correct. I do it all the time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    If he's saying that you can do a recarga and that all calls will be deducted from that credit/balance without first having to buy any paqueticos, he's correct. I do it all the time.
    Yes that was what i was saying,

2 options :

- use your credit to buy a paquetico ( same as for internet but for unlimited calls and/or text messages, etc......,)

- or just phone and the cost of the call will be deducted off your credit.

4. Likes cavok liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Yes that was what i was saying,

2 options :

- use your credit to buy a paquetico ( same as for internet but for unlimited calls and/or text messages, etc......,)

- or just phone and the cost of the call will be deducted off your credit.
    Good to know! I never knew there was an option for unlimited phone calls. That could come in handy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to know! I never knew there was an option for unlimited phone calls. That could come in handy.
    No there is no unlimited calls paquetico. There used to be one, but no more, not for past year. Only way for unlimited calls are postpaid plans.

7. Likes cavok liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    No there is no unlimited calls paquetico. There used to be one, but no more, not for past year. Only way for unlimited calls are postpaid plans.
    I see that for claro there is not either..... my bad. Or only for claro to claro.
    What you can get is stuff like " 15 mn call time to US and PR for 125 pesos", etc........ cheaper than just phoning and having it deducted from credit ( yeah i know kind of useless in the age of whatsup and co..... lol ).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful! Thanks for the explanations - it seems that maybe I was not the only one to learn something here.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you run out of minutes and don't recharge you phone after a certain period of time, you're canceled(?). Unless things have changed, there's no penalty.
    Exactly - if I don't recharge, how are they going to charge me a penalty? They don't have any contact info for me and I doubt they can hunt me down using my passport number!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmagor View Post
    Exactly - if I don't recharge, how are they going to charge me a penalty? They don't have any contact info for me and I doubt they can hunt me down using my passport number!
    Prepaid service does not have any kind of contract, Altice only wait for you to pay 3 months, after 90 days if you do not recharge you will loose your number. (I use VIVA and they wait and keep the number 6 months in case you want back the same number, and for every 100.00 recharged give you 30 days of service). Another thing that apply for all companies is if you have service for 30 days with a Balance and after those 30 days if you do not recharge they must keep on hold the balance you had for 90 days, if you recharge before 90 days they must add your balance to the new credit you are adding, if you do not recharge before 90 days then on day 91 your credit is keep it for the phone company earnings.

12. Likes sylindr, cavok liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    Been there... done that. READ the contract.
    THERE IS NO CONTRACT!! That's why its called Prepago! Good grief

14. Likes CristoRey liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast