Page 4 of 229 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2289
  1. #31
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is a video of a girl eating a vat soup.

    https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/23/b...navirus-cause/

  2. #32
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Medical professionals fear it is too late.
    Of course shutting down all people travelling from China would be a good step and one the DR could take now before hundreds land here bringing in this killer virus.

    https://news.yahoo.com/time-im-scare...E43YbWoDZ0LRk7

  3. Likes jeb321 liked this post
  4. #33
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Please include a reference to your source material. An unsupported statement is just that.
    Here's one :

    https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...-humans-2020-1

  5. #34
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In a couple more weeks we should have a better understanding of the infection and mortality rates that we are going to see from 2019-nCOV.

    For reference: 1918 Spanish Flu killed 5% - 10% of those infected (depending on the source). Ebola mortality rates vary depending on the strain and environmental factors between 25% - 90%. The average morality rate for regular seasonal flu thus far in the USA this year is about 0.09% (CDC = 17,000 out of 18,000,000).

    Obviously if the number of infected soars so will the resulting number of deaths. We can only wait and see how well the virus is able to spread and reproduce. Any possible vaccine is at least 4 - 6 months off. The infection rate is a product of an exponential equation, however at present, this disease does not seem to be off to the races like SARS, Swine Flu & H1N1. More time and observations are clearly called for before making any definitive proclamations.

    As with any Coronavirus the best personal defense is to wash your hands well and often, keep your hands away from your face and stay away from sick people and the places where they gather - public spaces, hospitals, doctor's offices and yes that means airplanes too.

  6. Likes KyleMackey liked this post
  7. #35
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    In a couple more weeks we should have a better understanding of the infection and mortality rates that we are going to see from 2019-nCOV.

    For reference: 1918 Spanish Flu killed 5% - 10% of those infected (depending on the source). Ebola mortality rates vary depending on the strain and environmental factors between 25% - 90%. The average morality rate for regular seasonal flu thus far in the USA this year is about 0.09% (CDC = 17,000 out of 18,000,000).

    Obviously if the number of infected soars so will the resulting number of deaths. We can only wait and see how well the virus is able to spread and reproduce. Any possible vaccine is at least 4 - 6 months off. The infection rate is a product of an exponential equation, however at present, this disease does not seem to be off to the races like SARS, Swine Flu & H1N1. More time and observations are clearly called for before making any definitive proclamations.

    As with any Coronavirus the best personal defense is to wash your hands well and often, keep your hands away from your face and stay away from sick people and the places where they gather - public spaces, hospitals, doctor's offices and yes that means airplanes too.
    The Spanish Flue killed a third of the world population, 500 million and among them my great grandmother so to me that appears to be a bit more than the 5-10% you're talking about.
    The world could use such a epidemic again, they're talking about climate but are forgetting the growing world population and its effect on the environment.
    David Attenborough: 'Population Growth Must Come to an End'
    https://www.ecowatch.com/david-atten...609996785.html
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

  8. #36
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not quite. I didn't watch the video as I am certain of my facts.

    500 million infected worldwide (1/3 of the population at the time). Killed 50 million.

    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...emic-h1n1.html

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

  9. Likes frank recktenwald liked this post
  10. #37
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Not quite. I didn't watch the video as I am certain of my facts.

    500 million infected worldwide (1/3 of the population at the time). Killed 50 million.

    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...emic-h1n1.html

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu
    The History Channel agrees with you.

  11. #38
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,078
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    China builds 1,000 bed hospital dedicated to coronavirus, expected to be operational Feb 3rd:

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/china-corona...alth-1.5438737

  12. #39
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    The History Channel agrees with you.
    Those that are "certain of my facts", usually are not.

  13. #40
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    The Spanish Flue killed a third of the world population, 500 million and among them my great grandmother so to me that appears to be a bit more than the 5-10% you're talking about.
    The world could use such a epidemic again, they're talking about climate but are forgetting the growing world population and its effect on the environment.
    David Attenborough: 'Population Growth Must Come to an End'
    https://www.ecowatch.com/david-atten...609996785.html
    You have hit on it.
    The Coronavirus is a result of climate change for sure. Ban the oil industry now. Trust Greta

Page 4 of 229 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •