Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a Sox fan, not a huge A-Rod fan. But I do like Presidente and can even find it at the local supermarket home in the great white north of US. Reminds me of being someplace warm and gets me through ‘til the next trip.

2. Likes jenmar237 liked this post
    Dislikes Tamborista disliked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Presidente commercial

Admin
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I yelled out loud when i saw this commercial during the superbowl

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    I think there is a big market for Presidente in the USA.
    ..There is Presidente in Miami and NYC, but that beer is made in the DR for export...the alcohol and taste is less.. good luck with the USA market...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    There is a reason it needs to be imbibed ice cold. It does not taste very good.
    I have to ask. When is the last time you had a warm Bud, Coors, Labatts, Canadian, Fosters or any other WARM beer.

They all suck when they are warm. Presidents at least has the good manners to show you the temperature inside the beer fridge.

You need to relax and have a -7 degree C Presidents before you diss this beer.

7. Likes BermudaRum, jenmar237 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My spell check will not let me spell Presidente with an s at the end
    God I hate spell check.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    My spell check will not let me spell Presidente with an s at the end
    God I hate spell check.
    I think if you type it with (2) "S" and then back space and delete one "s" it will work

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Presidente beer in the US is about 60% of the cost of it in DR - go figure.
    If it cost the same as in DR it would spoil on the store shelves

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, buena suerte, A-Fraud. You're rich enough. Best of luck in marrying J-Lo. Maybe you just need this Presidente thing for when that all goes south.

Yes, I am a born-to-it Red Sox fan. And I always think that if the union had allowed the A-Rod deal to Boston, he would have had a completely different career. He would have played for Francona. He wouldn't have had to deal with Jeter (no range to his left) whose ego prohibited welcoming a better shortstop than Jeter ever dreamed of being. He would have played with the clubhouse of "Idiots." Imagine Kevin Millar letting A-Rod get away with his NY sulks! Varitek was captain. I rest my case.

Anyway, about the beer deal. Pay-Fraud has the public face, name recognition, and I'm happy to see him embracing, however belatedly, that he is Dominican. I am not a beer drinker, but on the rare occasions I do reach for a cold one, it's Presidente.

12. Dislikes jenmar237 disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meemselle View Post
    Well, buena suerte, A-Fraud. You're rich enough. Best of luck in marrying J-Lo. Maybe you just need this Presidente thing for when that all goes south.

Yes, I am a born-to-it Red Sox fan. And I always think that if the union had allowed the A-Rod deal to Boston, he would have had a completely different career. He would have played for Francona. He wouldn't have had to deal with Jeter (no range to his left) whose ego prohibited welcoming a better shortstop than Jeter ever dreamed of being. He would have played with the clubhouse of "Idiots." Imagine Kevin Millar letting A-Rod get away with his NY sulks! Varitek was captain. I rest my case.

Anyway, about the beer deal. Pay-Fraud has the public face, name recognition, and I'm happy to see him embracing, however belatedly, that he is Dominican. I am not a beer drinker, but on the rare occasions I do reach for a cold one, it's Presidente.
    Now tell us how you really think, and don’t hold back. (;-)

And as for A-Rod embracing his DR roots, about 10 years or so ago didn’t he announce he would play for the DR in the world baseball championship? (Then he had a hip injury, so never actually played on the DR team).

Q: What’s the difference between a Yankee Stadium hot dog and a Fenway Park hot dog?

A: You can usually still buy a Yankee Stadium hot dog in October. (:-)
    (That joke worked much better prior to 2004)

And is Presidente really cheaper in the USA than in the DR? (Presidentes, Mangos, and avocados are pleasures that I reserve for the DR).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast