Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good-bye Santo Domingo, hello?

So after much thought we have decided to move out of the Capital (El Millon). It just got overwhelming with the traffic, trying to get here and there, etc. I enjoyed all the years we spent in Santo Domingo, but now I need a more peaceful lifestyle ( if that can be found...lol). Thought about Punta Cana but not sure if that is what we are looking for. While there upsides for living there, it is far from my spouse's family. I know visitors would enjoy it, but it might just be to far East. NC I am not really sure about. We do go back and forth to the USA frequently so I want easy access/flight options. Considering Santiago at this point but open to suggestions. Still want access to good restaurants, shopping, etc...just a bit more relaxed. Samana is also somewhere that interests me but flight options are not the best. More than likely it will be a condo that we purchase wherever we go. Would love any input and/or opinions.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

If we move, it will likely be to Dominucus. Some really nice condos there, great restaurants, nice beach, close to La Romana for bigger shopping, etc. Last visit we stayed in Cadaques, and loved it.

https://www.rileyhotelgroup.com/email/brochure.pdf

Admin
    DR1.com

3. Likes keepcoming, NelleG liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Santiago!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been there a few times Dominucus and it seems like a nice area. Still decent access to SDQ for flights.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaning toward Santiago at this point, but not sure yet. Still close to the in-laws so that is a plus. Someone wants us to look at a condo in Marabella (sp?) in Juan Dolio, but I have never been a big Juan Dolio fan.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Traffic sucks I concur. You can find Condos in PC where you can walk to restaurants, grocery, pharmacy, bars, beach etc.
    But traffic is not bad either.

8. Likes keepcoming liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I say Santiago!
    Same here.....

10. Likes keepcoming liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    If we move, it will likely be to Dominucus. Some really nice condos there, great restaurants, nice beach, close to La Romana for bigger shopping, etc. Last visit we stayed in Cadaques, and loved it.

https://www.rileyhotelgroup.com/email/brochure.pdf
    That looks like a nice weekend trip to explore the area.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We have looked in PC several times. Nice condos, and not that congested. Airport has a lot of options with flights. It is just a bit far from family, approx. 5hrs.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    We have looked in PC several times. Nice condos, and not that congested. Airport has a lot of options with flights. it is just a bit far from family (5 hrs approx.).
    Yeah that would be a weekend type trip for family.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast