Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest if you want peace and nice beach, Juan Dolio, still close to Santo Domingo, Airport is 25 minutes, nice rest in Boca Chica and Juan Dolio, 40 min aprox far from La Romana and 20 from San Pedro.

2. Likes KyleMackey, JDFriend, keepcoming liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I say Santiago!
    He is tired of traffic. Santiago is getting as bad as Santo Domingo

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you okay with not living near ex-pats? I am in Jamao al Norte. Mountains. Fresh air. Simple life. Cabarete is 20 minutes away. Sosua is 30-35 minutes away. Moca is 45 minutes away, and Santiago, 45. We are often in Cabarete and Sosua eating and shopping, but we love going to Santiago to PriceSmart, Bellon, and Nacional for the great meat and other options. For me, In Jamao I can enjoy the best of all worlds. But if you need ex- pats nearby or a good grocery store or restaurant available at a moment’s notice, Jamao is not for you. (P.S. I have lived here 14 years. Been to restaurants throughout the country. My favorite is 3 minutes from Jamao- Blue Moon.)

5. Likes waytogo, keepcoming liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Santiago!
    I say Santiago also. I used to have a house next to El million in Capital, In san geronimo. The traffic was unbearable on Nunez caceras, and also JFK and 27 of Febuary. I know what you mean. Santiago has everything that the capital has for the most part. Nice restaurants nice areas to live. You can get back to the capital in less than 90 mins or on north coast in less time. You can travel to the mountains in Jarabacoa in less than an hour or punta Rusia in 90 mins. The traffic in Santiago is annoying during rush hours, but other than that you can go throughout the city easily. Santiago 100 %

7. Likes caribmike, keepcoming, jinty05, Garyexpat liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    He is tired of traffic. Santiago is getting as bad as Santo Domingo
    Only during rush hours and if you need to get out hope on the circumlavation and your out of there

9. Likes Harleysrock, caribmike, Garyexpat liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    Are you okay with not living near ex-pats? I am in Jamao al Norte. Mountains. Fresh air. Simple life. Cabarete is 20 minutes away. Sosua is 30-35 minutes away. Moca is 45 minutes away, and Santiago, 45. We are often in Cabarete and Sosua eating and shopping, but we love going to Santiago to PriceSmart, Bellon, and Nacional for the great meat and other options. For me, In Jamao I can enjoy the best of all worlds. But if you need ex- pats nearby or a good grocery store or restaurant available at a moment’s notice, Jamao is not for you. (P.S. I have lived here 14 years. Been to restaurants throughout the country. My favorite is 3 minutes from Jamao- Blue Moon.)
    It is beautiful up there, I love it, just not to live for me, but if you looking for natural beauty and access to the north coast or santiago it is nice.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Santiago!
    Way too much traffic.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Santiago!

I did not regret the move from Bavaro to the capital and I absolutely do not regret the move from the capital to Santiago.

Juan Dolio? Meh....

13. Likes badpiece33, keepcoming liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Way too much traffic.
    It is all relative. In comparison to Santo Domingo its nothing, although it is much worse than it used to be.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What about a slightly small city like Moca?

16. Likes keepcoming liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast