DR Vs. USA in Baseball

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I was watching ESPN last night and they had a discussion about a potential Baseball "World" series, and how teams from different countries would perform in this series. To make a long story short, they had a computer perform a simulation and the Dominican Republic came out on top. This is with the best of the USA Vs. the best of the DR. Our line up was simply awsome...Outfielders (Sammy Sosa, Manny Ramirez, Vladimir Guerrero) Pitchers (Pedro Martinez, Bartolo Colon) Manager (Felipe Alou) Others (Albert Pujols, Alfonso Soriano, Aramis Ramirez, etc) We even gave them Alex Rodriguez - I don't know what he considers himself to be. They are really kicking this idea around and I think it's actually going to happen in the near future.

On a different note: What a whippin' we gave Colorado, here in Detroit. It was completely crazy here last night. It shows why this is Hockeytown...Tickets for the game were going for 800-1200 USD. The hurricanes should be a breeze...

Last edited:

arenas809

May 22, 2002
The only way a team of U.S. players would have a chance to beat D.R. is if they used all their players that take steriods. I know you can get whatever you need at Farmacia Livia in Santo Domingo, but I don't even think we need that "edge". Look at Soriano, he looks like a stick, and he's what, a leadoff hitter with 15 homeruns? And what's this crap about D.R. not being the crop for baseball players anymore, now its Venezuela? Are they basing that off Abreu from the Phillies? He's hitting like .280 this year, he has one great year and he's from venezuela so now venezuela is where you go to get baseball players? Please. All the players you listed that would play for the D.R. team are all incredible, baseball players, and their bodies actually look realistic. Too many players in the league one year look like sticks and then the next look like gladiators. If they tested the players I would bet more of them would come out positive than us. Bottom line is we live off talent, they live off drugs...