Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I would be curious which UK and German bank would allow that?
    Revolut in the UK, N26 in Germany, Boursorama and Max in France. Those are the ones i have opened accounts with, all while being here in the DR.

2. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    Thank you Bob for this information. The sites emphasize that a personal reference would be helpful and in that regard one bank with branches in SP and SD told my reference "Just have him come n and it will be taken care of".
    Oh yes I forot this about my Popular account opening experience... they wanted a letter of reference from BPD customer...person or business. I got my client to draft me a letter of reference.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Nah, i have just opened a bank account in the UK, on internet, with nothing more than my passport scanned in the app.
    I have done the same in the past with a german banking establishment .
    A French bank account was a bit more tricky lol they asked for passport and a utility bill........

All that done from here in the dr....... so if it is easier to open a bank account on internet than in person, me thinks dr banks have a problem.
    Which one? Revolut?

Edit... I see you posted it later on.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be curious which UK and German bank would allow that?
    N26, I can confirm. Scan of passport and a photo of myself.

6. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Which one? Revolut?

Edit... I see you posted it later on.
    They did ask, a bit after opening, for my tax number ------ not to sure what it is in english, numéro fiscal de référence in french.
    Something to do with " know your client " EU laws.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    N26, I can confirm. Scan of passport and a photo of myself.
    N26 just was a no. I chatted with their CS.
    Only when you live in certain countries. DR is, of course, not one of them. My Passport says residence Santo Domingo...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

N26 just was a no. I chatted with their CS.
    Only when you live in certain countries. DR is, of course, not one of them. My Passport says residence Santo Domingo...
    My passport does not state that ... so I opened it, no problems, last year. I didn't know some countries stated place of residence, that's new to me, all I have seen was just place of birth and place of issue. That sucks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We hate our Banko Popular service.
    Where to go for a new account if the person has the second passport - Norway ? To what bank?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    We hate our Banko Popular service.
    Where to go for a new account if the person has the second passport - Norway ? To what bank?
    Depends what you mean by bank service.

If it is just to access funds easily and cheap-ish go with fintechs and/or neo-banks.
    However I wouldn't recommend using them as a primary bank account----- not yet at least.
    The only thing i " miss " is the ability to hold dominican pesos in those accounts ( think change money when the rates are in your favour ) ---------those type of banks give you that option in all major currencies ( 1 account and sub-accounts in €,¥,£,$, etc.....).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Depends what you mean by bank service.

If it is just to access funds easily and cheap-ish go with fintechs and/or neo-banks.
    However I wouldn't recommend using them as a primary bank account----- not yet at least.
    The only thing i " miss " is the ability to hold dominican pesos in those accounts ( think change money when the rates are in your favour ) ---------those type of banks give you that option in all major currencies ( 1 account and sub-accounts in €,¥,£,$, etc.....).
    P.s I wouldn't close my dr bank account anyhow..... i would just leave it sitting empty ( or a couple of pesos in it, just to pretend ) in the case a dr bank is needed one day.
    We have an account in ban reservas that we hardly ever use.... and it costs nothing ( at least i think, would have to check ).

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast