Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Belt & Road Subterfuge in DR makes Breitbart News

    Seems there are a handful of smart people in DR who can see China is trying to sieze the DR for its own use, and not to aid Dominicans.
    Beware of China - a more dishonest offer of 'help' never existed:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020/...belt-and-road/

  2. Likes jeb321 liked this post
  3. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    40,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Seems there are a handful of smart people in DR who can see China is trying to sieze the DR for its own use, and not to aid Dominicans.
    Beware of China - a more dishonest offer of 'help' never existed:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020/...belt-and-road/
    Interesting.

    Can't say I've heard of the National Progressive Force.

    I wonder if Caonabo or NALs or OC could describe the philosophical differences in political parties in the DR...
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  4. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have tried to point this out about the Chinese and how they make loans that they expect countries to default on and have great interest in taking over shipping ports world wide. I noticed a very large percentage of Chinese people at Migracion apply for residency. There is definitely a game "afoot".

    The DR is likely to fall prey to the Chinese like other developing and corrupt nations have. It is not a matter of if the Chinese will screw the DR, but how much China will screw the DR. Hopefully we will get an improved electrical power infrastructure out of it.

  5. Likes Garyexpat, beachcomber, Farmer, jeb321 liked this post
  6. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Many news items make Breibart news. Many are not true.. just saying

  7. Likes Juan Bosch, frank12 liked this post
  8. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I have tried to point this out about the Chinese and how they make loans that they expect countries to default on and have great interest in taking over shipping ports world wide. I noticed a very large percentage of Chinese people at Migracion apply for residency. There is definitely a game "afoot".

    The DR is likely to fall prey to the Chinese like other developing and corrupt nations have. It is not a matter of if the Chinese will screw the DR, but how much China will screw the DR. Hopefully we will get an improved electrical power infrastructure out of it.
    For the $600 million the Chinese gave for electrical power won't even upgrade the North Coast. Just look at how much the new power plants built by Odebrecht cost. Heck that even cost $40 million in bribes, much of which went to one of the presidential candidates now running

  9. Likes windeguy, CaribeDigital, beachcomber liked this post
  10. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben jammin View Post
    Many news items make Breibart news. Many are not true.. just saying
    The Chinese are screwing many countries. This is well known and it is very true. The DR is very likely to become a victim as well. Also, just sayin'...

  11. Likes Garyexpat, jeb321 liked this post
  12. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Country A is solely responsible for the consequences when they choose to hop into bed with Country B.

  13. Likes jeb321 liked this post
  14. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The Chinese are screwing many countries. This is well known and it is very true. The DR is very likely to become a victim as well. Also, just sayin'...
    ..I have said this from the beginning..

  15. Likes jeb321 liked this post
  16. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Country A is solely responsible for the consequences when they choose to hop into bed with Country B.
    ..No ..the politicos from those countries that signed the loan papers and stole money , are at fault....

  17. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
  18. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What's the end game? How does the biggest country in the world benefit from doing this with the smallish DR?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •