Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    Native Americans did all of that to each other plus ritual sacrifice on a mass industrial scale. And "Americans" did not capture slaves in Africa they traded for them. Also you do realize that 20 times more slaves were shipped to the Caribbean and S. America vs. USA. This has nothing to do with China.
    Actually the Chinese were real slave traders. During the Tang dynasty allowed enslavement of criminals and foreigners. Some of the people they imported as slaves (many as sex slaves) were Turks, Persians, and Korean women, who were sought after by the wealthy and from the now Vietnam were eroticized.
    Africans were brought in as slaves and continue to be poorly treated in China and openly discriminated against.

This is from a blog by a black man living there:

"China is a country plagued by racism.

To be Black or African in China is to be labeled unintelligent, dangerous, unattractive, or to see an empty seat next to you on a crowded subway.

To deny any acts of neo-colonialism in its dealings with African countries, China has, in recent years, repeatedly said it views them as partners, not recipients of charity.

But this is not consistent with the way China treats African and Black people.

The 2018 CCTV gala, an annual variety show, showed us that China views Africa as a helpless place in desperate need of China’s altruism.

During the Spring Festival broadcast, which draws 800 million viewers, a Chinese woman parades on stage in blackface wearing a prosthetic butt and chest".

Here’s the link

https://www.inkstonenews.com/opinion...rticle/2136990

2. Likes KyleMackey liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    Native Americans did all of that to each other plus ritual sacrifice on a mass industrial scale. And "Americans" did not capture slaves in Africa they traded for them. Also you do realize that 20 times more slaves were shipped to the Caribbean and S. America vs. USA. This has nothing to do with China.
    Agreed. Zero to do with China ... But there are always people who like to chime in with "It happens everywhere" or Everybody does it" like the World Bank ,etc. NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD AT ALL.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

China in DR..... back on topic please

Admin
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    China in DR..... back on topic please
    Are Chinese still being allowed to land here having come in from China or having passed through there ?

You have to wonder if the people who are working or visiting Immigration in SD are at risk and wearing masks or even allowed to wear them ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Are Chinese still being allowed to land here having come in from China or having passed through there ?

You have to wonder if the people who are working or visiting Immigration in SD are at risk and wearing masks or even allowed to wear them ?
    Probably very few since the outbreak....if any. Have not heard the DR say no entrance if recently in China though.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is what scares me. Last week I read where China was interested in building Free Zones on the Haitian border. So if that is true it would be like a giant sandwich from Santo Domingo to the border and they will eat everything in between.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duece View Post
    Here is what scares me. Last week I read where China was interested in building Free Zones on the Haitian border. So if that is true it would be like a giant sandwich from Santo Domingo to the border and they will eat everything in between.
    Why free zones ? So they can import more of their poor quality crap without taxes ? I am sure they can already pay off the aduanas to get their cheap products flooding into DR

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duece View Post
    A good point.

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Why free zones ? So they can import more of their poor quality crap without taxes ? I am sure they can already pay off the aduanas to get their cheap products flooding into DR
    To take advantage of many aspects of trade agreements, utilize local and regional resources, transhipment points, etc.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Juan Bosch; 02-12-2020 at 09:13 PM. Reason: add link

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I have tried to point this out about the Chinese and how they make loans that they expect countries to default on and have great interest in taking over shipping ports world wide. I noticed a very large percentage of Chinese people at Migracion apply for residency. There is definitely a game "afoot".

The DR is likely to fall prey to the Chinese like other developing and corrupt nations have. It is not a matter of if the Chinese will screw the DR, but how much China will screw the DR. Hopefully we will get an improved electrical power infrastructure out of it.
    They are very smart and have long term plans to spread their influence, control, and sovereignty all over the world. You just have to look at what they are doing in the South China Sea, where they are currently using hundreds of dredgers at the same time on different reefs, to make islands out of them. Its called the 9 dash line plan. They plan on using these islands not to claim fishing rights or navigational rights, but to claim that this is legal territory of China (they have already claimed this for 100 years) and thereby control all traffic through the S. China Sea where currently 1/3rd of all shipping passes. Of course they cannot implement this until they get hegemony of the Pacific via their Navy, so they have a long way to go, but their first aircraft carrier will be functional soon and they are installing anti-ship missile bases and military landing strips on these fake islands, as we speak. In a few years US aircraft carriers will not be able to pass these islands due to their missile capabilities. WW3 will start here, I am convinced. Its just a matter of when.

12. Likes Ecoman1949, nigrarosa liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast