Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gochiefs321 View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that Florida recognizes foreign marriages as long as they are legal in both jurisdictions: https://www.ptd.law/family-law/marri...lorida-comity/

Basically if the marriage is legal and documented in the DR, and that the marriage would have also been considered legitimate in Florida (not underage, not forced, etc.), Florida will generally recognize it.

And that to initiate a divorce in Florida, only one of the spouses must be a Florida resident (in this case the husband).
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0061.021.html
    "to make a filing". That's it. A filing. So....??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    "to make a filing". That's it. A filing. So....??
    What really is a divorce other than a bunch of legal filings?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope she dies in poverty hahaha. The American probably figured out what was going on and bounced. F the greedy Dominicana lol. Gochiefs321 you should be ashamed of yourself. Are you broke too and are hoping to make a few bucks off of the divorce?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Having been lurking this forum for a couple years, it astonishes me how many people on a forum about the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC show nothing but contempt, hatred, and disrespect of the Dominican people at every possible opportunity.

5. Dislikes NanSanPedro disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Having been lurking this forum for a couple years, it astonishes me how many people on a forum about the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC show nothing but contempt, hatred, and disrespect of the Dominican people at every possible opportunity.
    Only the scammers baby, only the scammers. I hope your fren dies a housekeeper pasando hambre on 10.000 pesos a month. What's that saying, something about karma being a b**ch? Yeeeeeep. LOL.

7. Likes irsav, Big liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

...She has one child, but the American man is NOT the father.
    Why don't you advise your fren to go after the child's father who is presumably Dominican and residing in Dominican Republic for child support? I guess his money is short and the gringo's money is looooong. LOL. Or maybe she doesn't even know who the papi is? Should we call Maury Povich?

9. Likes Tamborista, irsav, alexw, rogerjac, Garyexpat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this leech won`t be able to milk dry this stupid old man!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

OP..sorry but your saying that "you hope she soaks the guy for his money" is painting your "friend" in a not so good light. On the serious side, why do you think your "friend" deserves his money? Couples married for years very often do not get what your talking about during a divorce especially when there are no children involved ( as you said he is not the father of her child). Your friend should have been smarter with the 3k he was giving her. Maybe saved some of it.

12. Likes sylindr liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic case of Captain Save-a-Hoe in play here, who is the real leech?

14. Likes Big, Garyexpat liked this post
    Dislikes Polar Bear disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the family courts in the State of Florida agree with that?

No disagreement from me on this. But as long as they do, their Dominican ex-wives should not be treated as disposable playthings to be discarded and abandoned when they get bored.

Yes there is a very good chance the Florida court (if they will even hear the case) will agree nothing is rightfully hers. Remember you said he was giving her 3k a month, she blew through that money. And just so your clear American ex-wives, European ex-wives, etc.. have also been discarded and abandoned so your friends situation is nothing new.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast