Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eden Norte couldn't run a lemonade stand

Planned outages, they aren't but for the past week Eden Norte is going out several time a day and for long periods at night. This is stressing the inverter as often it goes in and out a dozen times an hour.
    The luz just came back on now but for how long ?
    I never thought I say it but even the Chinese couldn't do worse

2. Likes windeguy, beachcomber liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very insulting to the Chinese. Edenorte is far worse than that.

We had a period of brown outs kicking our inverter on and off a couple of days ago. But yesterday and today have been better since they replaced our main fuse to our development and our neighbors wiring to his meter.

Sounds like it could be a corroded connection. Edenorte is fond of mixing aluminum and copper wires when the do a repair. That should never be done (Even "The Chinese" would know that). Then the connection corrodes and causes brown outs and eventually that starts a fire and burns up the wiring because of the high resistance connection that heats up and burns at the junction of the aluminum and copper. .

Then they come and make the same bad connections again. Our neighbor just had his wire to his meter burn up because of the copper/aluminum issue. Edenorte does not care. His wires will burn up again. Rinse and repeat. They just do the minimum it takes. That is what happens when power distribution is run by government employees.

4. Likes chico bill, sylindr, beeza, beachcomber liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That is very insulting to the Chinese. Edenorte is far worse than that.
    I said the Chinese couldn't do worse. That's a back-handed compliment.

6. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We could start a competition who's worse; EDE Norte o EDE Sur.
    Both could learn from the Chinese.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaribeDigital View Post
    We could start a competition who's worse; EDE Norte o EDE Sur.
    Both could learn from the Chinese.
    That is like comparing apples and apples. They are just different names for the same actual organization of government employees known as the EDE's. Only the location is different, not the level of service.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That is like comparing apples and apples. They are just different names for the same actual organization of government employees known as the EDE's. Only the location is different, not the level of service.
    I don't have those complaints with EDE este

10. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no master plan to modernize the electrical grid over time here. Normally, when a line gets replaced or other infrastructure gets repaired, the capacity and switch-ability of the network is improved at the same time. Not here that I've seen. Cables are just spliced as they were before resulting in restoration of service but with zero improvements or capability upgrades.

12. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago everything was changed along the main road Imbert-LaIsabella, including our campo. Poles, cables, meters, etc.......
    Since then I have only praise for Edenorte. There were planned blackout as they worked their way along the road. Now, for 1 year +, hardly any blackouts, ever.

I sold my house " stabiliser" 2 or 3 years ago...... no need for it anymore, the luz is stable.
    I switched off my inverter a couple of months ago ( idk why i didn't think of it before ). The 1 day every 2 week that the luz se fue for a couple of hours does not warrant the use of the inverter ( freezers stay cold, as does fridge, solar lights, etc....).
    A week ago I sold my dead batteries and decided not to replace them yet.

What's even better is that i pay less electricity bill now....... 3k down to 2k ( more or less as it varies from month to month ).

What can I say ? Perhaps move to a decent campo where folks pay their bills regularly ./s

14. Likes JDJones, etolw liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    There is no master plan to modernize the electrical grid over time here. Normally, when a line gets replaced or other infrastructure gets repaired, the capacity and switch-ability of the network is improved at the same time. Not here that I've seen. Cables are just spliced as they were before resulting in restoration of service but with zero improvements or capability upgrades.
    Im assuming you're referring to your specific area where you live. They have been modernizing the entire grid for years.

Most long term residents here will attest to the electrical service over the last 10 years, without even mentioning over the last 50 years.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I make a distinction between modernizing and increasing supply/reliability.

Eg. To shut the power off to the 3 block section of Pedro Clisante when they first shutdown the bars, pretty much all of Sosua needed to be plunged into darkness for more than 2 hours. At some point in time, it would if "they" could easily reroute power around a downed line or just shut off the section of a neighborhood that needs work rather than turning power off to everyone just because all the infrastructure will allow them to do is all or nothing. Just saying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast