Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rejection of Retiree Residency Renewal Application

Our renewal application has been rejected because we cannot show that our monthly
    Social Security payments are being deposited into a Dominican bank.
    This requirement was not known to us during the months spent getting the documentation
    from the US and Dominican authorities. Nor can I find this requirement in any documentation,
    web page or notification.

At this point we are unsure of how to proceed. To start again (back in the US) with a 'regular'
    residency request, spending another $8,000 is a non-starter. Perhaps we will be allowed
    to renew as 'regular' residents, but that seems to be highly unlikely.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you using a lawyer? Can you not get your cheques deposited into you Dominican bank account?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot see you paying 8k$ for a regular residency, nor 2.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

At what point in the renewal were you rejected? When did they ask you for that info? I've never seen that info requested on the DGM website for residency renewal(?).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

But you have proof of deposit into your home country bank - right?

If so- I think it's a misinterpretation..... a lawyer would know more and be able to negotiate

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think that is a requirement and if it were almost all if not all retirees would leave. Many obligations are paid from home and who wants to rely on the pension plans to deposit in DR.
    If that becomes the new requirement color a lot of people gone

7. Likes NanSanPedro liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If I am not mistaken, DGM just wishes to see monthly deposits to your DR bank account in the amount required under the retiree program. I think that was $1500 for one person and an additional amount for a spouse. This amount being required to qualify for retiree residency initially as well as the ongoing minimum monthly movement of the same amount to the DR is (or at least was) clearly spelled out in the requirements for the residency program you applied under.

When you applied initially, you probably had do show that your SS cheques were being deposited regularly into your US bank account. You may have to do that again this time. Just print off 6 months statements online and submit those. If DGM is not asking for this, then they are looking for movement of funds from the US to the DR in an amount somewhere around $2000.00/month to cover your living expenses in this country and that these funds average out to the minimum amount or more in the last six months.

Shouldn't be an insurmountable hurdle unless you are bringing in a lot less than the program requires. If you only transfer funds once or twice a year, just show the deposit for $24,000 or $12,000 respectively.

You do sometimes need to show that you are continuing to meet the requirements for your class of residency.

Good luck.

9. Likes CynthiaCom liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    I do not think that is a requirement and if it were almost all if not all retirees would leave. Many obligations are paid from home and who wants to rely on the pension plans to deposit in DR.
    If that becomes the new requirement color a lot of people gone
    I quote from the web page:BECAUSE THE CATEGORY WITH WHICH YOU ACQUIRED YOUR RESIDENCE WAS THAT OF A PENSIONER, YOU MUST SHOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN RECEIVING SAID PENSION THROUGH A DOMINICAN BANK, THROUGH A CERTIFICATION OF THE SAME AND YOUR STATEMENTS.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    At what point in the renewal were you rejected? When did they ask you for that info? I've never seen that info requested on the DGM website for residency renewal(?).
    The very last piece of information requests the amount deposited and the name of the bank.
    Have you applied for retiree residency renewal? Recently?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    I cannot see you paying 8k$ for a regular residency, nor 2.
    And therefore you conclude...........?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast