Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to go about "Churchill Ave" & Avenida España ??

Im visiting from NYC ... ive been to SD and DR many times want to explore more than El Conde & the hood arohnd el conde ... Any good restaurants or places to check out on the streets i mentioned.

Also something that wont break the bank... Im blessed with a great paying job .... but places in DR most of times think a little too much of themselves and charge crazy for beautiful plates of BASIC food ! lol...

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Im here for a week

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mm530 View Post
    Im visiting from NYC ... ive been to SD and DR many times want to explore more than El Conde & the hood arohnd el conde ... Any good restaurants or places to check out on the streets i mentioned.

Also something that wont break the bank... Im blessed with a great paying job .... but places in DR most of times think a little too much of themselves and charge crazy for beautiful plates of BASIC food ! lol...

Im here for a week

Hooters Dominican Style Blue Mall

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    Malls, Malls, It has become a Mall mania. They closed the Post office in Villa consuela. Moved to sambal Mall.
    So now you have to take a taxi or pay parking to go to the post office. Every thing will soon be in malls.
    People here are Mall crazy. What they paid for a Big Mac is now in Malls as a WHOPPER and twice the price. Snobbery is going to Bankrupt te country. Dont get me wrong i like Malls [from the outside]. Sell FINMALL hats better yet give them away.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mm530 View Post

Im here for a week

The better question is what are you trying to do. SD has everything every mid size to large city in the states has. What type of restaurants are you looking for? Youre questions are too vague.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    Hooters is in Acropolis

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Okra in Acropolis.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Mm asks a good question. Many visitors, even those of us who have been visiting for years, end up on and around El Conde, in the Zona Colonial, or Gasque [I know I misspelled that], and don't know anywhere else to go to enjoy the city. Although I've done the Botanical Gardens and the Plaza de Culture thanks to a few very good friends, I haven't venture out too much either. It would be very nice to have some alternatives and suggestions from those who know.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree, Cdn_Gringo. But I'd like to hear from posters who have actually experienced other areas and attractions around SD.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonS View Post
    Mm asks a good question. Many visitors, even those of us who have been visiting for years, end up on and around El Conde, in the Zona Colonial, or Gasque [I know I misspelled that], and don't know anywhere else to go to enjoy the city. Although I've done the Botanical Gardens and the Plaza de Culture thanks to a few very good friends, I haven't venture out too much either. It would be very nice to have some alternatives and suggestions from those who know.
    JW Marriot, Blue Mall, Acropolis Center, Real Intercontinental, in Churchill Av. Holiday Inn, Agora Mall, Lincoln ave. And Embassy Suits by Hilton, Silver Sun Galery Shopping, Radisson Hotel Tiradentes av. All those hotels and shopping mall are in the same area Naco, lot of places to go arround there, Bars and restaurants plus the places inside the malls. By the way the food at the restaurant in IKEA is very good and good price hahah, bad part is to get out you have to pass by whole store, also same area in front of Agora. Also nearby you have Galerias 360 another shopping mall, Plaza Lama and Multicentro Churchill in case you want to buy regula cloths, this 2 are like Walmarts, they have everything.

11. Likes RonS liked this post