Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New Bavaro international Airport in Macao.

    https://acento.com.do/2020/economia/...de-punta-cana/


    New airport in Macao to compete with Punta Cana.

  2. Likes KyleMackey liked this post
  3. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    40,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Makes sense.

    Riding from Sabana de la Mar around the East recently, I wondered about the long transfers to the new resorts north of the Punta Cana airport, especially in Macao and Miches.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  4. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Makes sense.

    Riding from Sabana de la Mar around the East recently, I wondered about the long transfers to the new resorts north of the Punta Cana airport, especially in Macao and Miches.
    To me thats insane, we are not that big to have 1 or 2 airports in every province, we the new roads not necesary, Cancun is begger than Punta Cana and receive 4 times the flights that PUJ receive and only has 1 int airport.

  5. Likes cavok liked this post
  6. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,823
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the newest airport - AZS - is virtually unused........

    and so close to Miches... but so far

  7. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    the newest airport - AZS - is virtually unused........

    and so close to Miches... but so far
    Theres a national park in the midle and the area very dificult and a lot mountains, ampliation of the road from
    bavaro to Miches

  8. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So sad to see how Bavaro infrastructure is not developing, but everyone does what they want in order to get more money.

    Thus situation will never allow to create a hub for connections in DR. Country needs roads, to clean the garbage from the streets. samana airport is dead, POP is in critical situation , but the government does not think how resolves these issues.

  9. Likes Riva_31, beeza, Harleysrock liked this post
  10. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    40,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    the newest airport - AZS - is virtually unused........

    and so close to Miches... but so far
    That airport was *supposed* to feed the massive new resort development, 10,000+ rooms, on Playa Rincon.

    The cratering of the world economy in 2008 and death of the principal of the development group put AZS progress in great limbo.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  11. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I won't hold my breath..
    They are trying to around the fact that PUJ airport is privately owned I huess.

  12. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    That airport was *supposed* to feed the massive new resort development, 10,000+ rooms, on Playa Rincon.

    The cratering of the world economy in 2008 and death of the principal of the development group put AZS progress in great limbo.
    Similar situation with this new airport. Its for the new development at Macao. Depending on who you talk to it's supposed to have up to twelve 22 story buildings, several 3 to 4 story buildings and a golf course. Again depending what you hear between 10,000 to 12,000 rooms. It's supposed to be the new Caso De Campo.

    If it goes it will be game changer out here.

  13. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrecksum View Post
    I won't hold my breath..
    They are trying to around the fact that PUJ airport is privately owned I huess.
    I don't understand what you say. This airport to be built by Grupo Abrisa would be private too. To compete with the Grupo Punta Cana airport.

  14. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •