Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Safe, Non tourist things in Bavaro/Punta Cana

Have a friend who will be visiting Punta Cana for a vacay next month. Like most Americanos, she will be staying at a resort. I would like to suggest some non-tourist stuff to explore while in the area. She does not speak Spanish. I'm lucky, mi esposa es Dominicana. When we visit it's easy to go off the beaten path a little.

Looking for safe suggestions for an Americana.

Thanks all.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much anything would be touristy, unless you want to watch TV and go to the supermarket.

3. Likes CaribeDigital liked this post
    On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMiami View Post
    Have a friend who will be visiting Punta Cana for a vacay next month. Like most Americanos, she will be staying at a resort. I would like to suggest some non-tourist stuff to explore while in the area. She does not speak Spanish. I'm lucky, mi esposa es Dominicana. When we visit it's easy to go off the beaten path a little.

Thanks all.
    wHAT WOULD YOU DEEM NON-TOURIST STUFF.

On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take her to Miches. http://tourmiches.com/

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

She needs to be very careful. Ask your Dominican wife what is safe and what is not.

7. Likes KyleMackey, jeb321 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    I would take her to Miches. http://tourmiches.com/
    That is touristy though.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all.
    If she is going to be by herself I would be careful with suggestions. She may not feel comfortable out and about on her own. She doesn't speak the language or really have a concept of the customs. If she ventures out tell her to sign up for tours with other people. She will see the countryside and be in a comfortable eviron.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all.
    Non tourist things? What is she, a local? Take her to a barrio at night to have some drinks at a colmado. Your question makes no sense mate.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There are several tours offered. One that I personally know of is PC Mike (I think they are still operating?). Nice way to get to know the area outside of the resort and safe. Maybe someone with more info will post.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to the North coast....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast