Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    I use foreign ATM cards (Europe). The ATM at the corner at Janet’s supermarked Cabarete has no fees also, but limited to 3x2k withdrawals. Scotia Bank has 2x10k limits.
    If you use a Canadian ATM card from your canadian Scotia account, there's no fee. Your $ limit to withdraw daily is associated to your canadian account. For ex. if your daily limit is $1000can, or say $39,000 pesos, you will be able to do 3 X $10,000 pesos + 1 X $9,000 pesos.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDFriend View Post
    If you use a Canadian ATM card from your canadian Scotia account, there's no fee. Your $ limit to withdraw daily is associated to your canadian account. For ex. if your daily limit is $1000can, or say $39,000 pesos, you will be able to do 3 X $10,000 pesos + 1 X $9,000 pesos.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    I regularly take 15,000 from progreso ATM in Jarabacoa. Popular limits me to 10,000 so I don't think the amount you can withdraw is linked to your Foreign bank daily limits.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    I regularly take 15,000 from progreso ATM in Jarabacoa. Popular limits me to 10,000 so I don't think the amount you can withdraw is linked to your Foreign bank daily limits.
    Absolutely correct.

The maximum withdrawal limit is usually RD$10,000 pesos per transaction – and between RD$20,000 and RD$30,000 a day.

If I need more than the ATM limit, I enter the file inside the bank and can get more. You need your passport and card to complete that transaction.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I visited a Scotia Bank in Santo Domingo last week and was told the withdraw limit for each ATM activity was $40,000 DOP'
    Excellent as it saves on ATM fees.
    Of course that was only after I withdrew 3X 10K DOP....

Not sure the address of the Scotiabank ATM ....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Absolutely correct.

The maximum withdrawal limit is usually RD$10,000 pesos per transaction – and between RD$20,000 and RD$30,000 a day.

If I need more than the ATM limit, I enter the file inside the bank and can get more. You need your passport and card to complete that transaction.
    I usually withdraw 15,000 in a single withdrawal.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My most economic option is to use my dominican Banco Santa Cruz debit card in their ATM’s.
    No ATM fee, no foreign valuta interchange fees.
    Withdrawal limit $50,000 DOP

I need to transfer funds into the account from abroad though, which charges a fixed international wire transfer (SWIFT) fee independent of the amount transfered, so larger transactions has an advantage.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas61 View Post

Q2: Does anyone know if Progreso's fees have now increased? If not, I will search for their ATM's and pay RD150 when I can.
    I always use Progreso ATMs in POP, no difference at this point whatsoever. I believe up to 30k pesos in a single withdrawal with 150DOP fee... Those are also the only ATMs I really trust, it has now been twice that the machine runs out of cash, but every single time they charge my card correctly, even if I wasn't given the amount of cash I requested... I hope Scotia takes a long time to make any changes in POP...

I used to use Popular ATMs for years, but stopped when they dropped the withdrawal amount to 10k pesos and upped the fee to almost 200 pesos. Yes, I could perhaps enter the bank and make the transaction on the counter, but that takes a lot more time (if there is a queue), and I often don't have that much extra time...

Post Thanks / Like

I have an account at Radius Bank (based in USA) and they have no fees and give unlimited ATM refund fees anywhere in the world. So if an ATM in Puerto Plata charges 250 pesos they just refund the money at the end of the month. Some months I get about $30 US back in ATM refunds. Very convenient cause I can just use any ATM and not worry about the fees.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickdr View Post
    I have an account at Radius Bank (based in USA) and they have no fees and give unlimited ATM refund fees anywhere in the world. So if an ATM in Puerto Plata charges 250 pesos they just refund the money at the end of the month. Some months I get about $30 US back in ATM refunds. Very convenient cause I can just use any ATM and not worry about the fees.
    To get the whole cost picture of using ATM’s abroad, it is equally important to be aware of the often hidden costs that lies in the current conversion from one currency to the other, the foreign currency exchange fee, usually a percentage of the withdrawn money.

E.g

But when you make a withdrawal or deposit outside of the U.S., Radius will charge you a foreign currency exchange fee no matter what.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123