Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Newark to SDQ, Who’s Best?

    For years we’ve flown AA from Philly, but WW just told me their only direct flight lands almost midnight now. By the time we’d get home, it would be very late, plus we don’t want to ask a family member to be driving back home to SD at 2 a.m., not safe.

    That leaves us with connecting flights out of Atlantic City, going down isn’t bad, but coming home is 10 hours. Nope. So we’re looking at Newark for the first time, over 2 hours away but at least flights are direct.

    Who’s your favorite carrier out of EWR?

    Admin
    DR1.com

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    For years we’ve flown AA from Philly, but WW just told me their only direct flight lands almost midnight now. By the time we’d get home, it would be very late, plus we don’t want to ask a family member to be driving back home to SD at 2 a.m., not safe.

    That leaves us with connecting flights out of Atlantic City, going down isn’t bad, but coming home is 10 hours. Nope. So we’re looking at Newark for the first time, over 2 hours away but at least flights are direct.

    Who’s your favorite carrier out of EWR?
    From EWR actually are Flying Jetblue and United, Spirit is going out of the rout in March 10 but Frontier will start from EWR same day. So if you flown before with Jetblue or United service will be the same. United has 3 flights a day so if you are looking best time to arrive maybe you should take a look to United.

  3. #3
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    From EWR actually are Flying Jetblue and United, Spirit is going out of the rout in March 10 but Frontier will start from EWR same day. So if you flown before with Jetblue or United service will be the same. United has 3 flights a day so if you are looking best time to arrive maybe you should take a look to United.
    Thanks, haven’t flown with either, we’ve been hard core AA people for decades, after they discontinued the direct jfk flights we switched to philly. We used to leave our car at my brother’s house on LI. The one time we flew from EWR was on Continental, so you know that was a long time ago, haha.

    Admin
    DR1.com

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You might as well fly out of JFK which is right across the Hudson river. Out of Newark I prefer United but I love Delta which I fly every other week back and forth to the Capitol.

  5. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
  6. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    AE I too have always flown AA. From SDQ now flights go through MIA to EWR, which I do not care for. Honestly I prefer Jet Blue over United. However out of EWR non-stops are limited. I find myself going to JFK and using Delta or Jet Blue when I am on the East Coast. Out of EWR both United and Jet Blue leave very early in the am if I recall.

  7. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
  8. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    AE I too have always flown AA. From SDQ now flights go through MIA to EWR, which I do not care for. Honestly I prefer Jet Blue over United. However out of EWR non-stops are limited. I find myself going to JFK and using Delta or Jet Blue when I am on the East Coast. Out of EWR both United and Jet Blue leave very early in the am if I recall.
    Now United has 3 flights a day, Departs from EWR are 12:20 am, 10:29 am and 2:46 pm, Jetblue in June will add a 2nd. flight but the actual also depart arround Midnight, and Spirit too, soon will be replaced by frontier.

  9. Likes keepcoming liked this post
  10. #7
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Now United has 3 flights a day, Departs from EWR are 12:20 am, 10:29 am and 2:46 pm, Jetblue in June will add a 2nd. flight but the actual also depart arround Midnight, and Spirit too, soon will be replaced by frontier.
    Just booked the 10.29 am flight for this weekend, Business Class was only about $70 more so we went with that. Includes 2 suitcases each, 70 pounds. Not that we have anything to bring, we usually travel with only carryons......but we’ll find something

    Admin
    DR1.com

  11. Likes Riva_31, zoey_kat, keepcoming liked this post
  12. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    10:29
    very civilized time to fly........

  13. #9
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    10:29
    very civilized time to fly........
    Agreed. Nice to have a choice of times

    Admin
    DR1.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •