Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Altice internet and cable out?

In La Romana at our house, Altice internet and cable are not working. Anyone else with Altice have this problem?

(Also, apparently the luz in the entire city is out. My wife and her mother went out and returned about an hour ago and said it is out in the entire city.)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Internet is back on. My wife called Altice earlier and got a recorded message that said there is an outage (they call it something else). And the luz just came back on. Cable will be back next I guess.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Google translation.

Know the causes of the blackout and the areas of the affected country; Ensure recovery will take a while

The blackout that affected an important part of the country was due to an “incident” that caused the departure of the Punta Catalina I generation unit, which in turn led to the disconnection of multiple power transmission lines, and in turn to the output of other electricity generators.

The explanations were offered by Manuel del Cabral, president of the Dominican Association of the Electricity Industry (ADIE), referring to a report that the Energy Control Center of the Electricity Transmission Company made about the situation.

"That is to say, basically that incident took from the system, first to Punta Catalina I, then to several transmission lines and then to other generators," Cabral reiterated during a telephone intervention on a television channel.

He explained that the situation affected mainly the eastern part of the country, including the Great Santo Domingo and San Pedro de Macorís, as well as other areas.

“The good thing about everything is that it managed to contain the situation; The system is already being reset. Electricity transmission is stabilizing and generators that are part of the system are already entering, ”he said.

However, he made it clear that despite the entrance of lagoons to the system, the total recovery will take a while due to the complexity of its electricity, as well as the existence of some larger plants that will require a preparation process prior to joining its system. operation, after a forced exit as it happened.

He suggested waiting for the official report of the System Coordinating Body, to determine the reality of the incident. "The deficit will be reduced minute by minute, as the generators are entering the system," said Cabral.

https://hoy.com.do/conozca-las-causa...ara-un-tiempo/