Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn’t find it odd so very many flying? Into SDQ in February? Why do you think? Are these gringos? Where do you think they are going? Santo Domingo? Planes half fare and then off to some playa?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    You didn’t find it odd so very many flying? Into SDQ in February? Why do you think? Are these gringos? Where do you think they are going? Santo Domingo? Planes half fare and then off to some playa?
    My plane was probably 95% Dominicans. Wasn’t cheap either, not half fare, economy was about $650, business $720 rt.

Admin
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not terrible for this time of year.....

no more $500 r/t ......

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Not terrible for this time of year.....

no more $500 r/t ......
    Someone told me about the Hopper app. If I would have flown midweek EWR-SDQ it was $267 rt.

Problem is I’m 2 hours away and drivers work. Uber was almost $200 so we just bit the bullet.

Admin
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    It was Winter break for schools in the US and Europe. Much more affordable to fly in February than Spring break (that is if you are not bothered by Semana Santa Madness). NYC-SDQ was a little under $400 RT. I am also seeing more and more Europeans connecting into the US to go down to DR.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

mid-week is always cheaper..... tues/Wed/Thurs

With no UK flights to POP.... my UK daughter flies NYC and then POP

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

West jet flies almost everyday from Toronto full in and out to Pop everyone I talk to is busier in North Coast...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are in Toronto or Montreal there are flights to POP. If you are anywhere else in the country, you have to get thyself to one of those two cities.

Both Westjet and Air Canada operate their own tour company that makes use of their own planes (obviously). I sometimes feel a little hard done by paying full airfare to sit on the same plane as a family with a decibel challenging toddler who booked their entire one week stay (per person) for what I paid just for that flight. However, it is what it is.

The flights to POP are well populated because of the limited choice people have and because empty seats are discounted sometimes heavily in the days before departure for package tourists doing last minutes deals.

Any Canadian trying to go home from POP pretty much as to choose one of those two airlines. Full planes make for a better business position but it really doesn't serve the traveling public as well as more robust competition would. Competition will not return until the cost to land at POP is the same as in PUJ.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Canadians are renowned for their winter escapes.....

FLA, Cuba, RD......and many other places.

Try driving I-95 in April.... north....
    count the Quebec cars..... unbelievable.........

They support FLA hockey - BIG TIME !!

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

WestJet & Air Canada service AZS too.....from Toronto/Montreal

Lots of Cdns ..........

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast