Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Supermercado Bravo

Who is the owner or owners of Bravo. A grupo or one person (family). Is it a franchise?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Who is the owner or owners of Bravo. A grupo or one person (family). Is it a franchise?
    The owners are a turbo evangelical Christian family, and ar promoters of Christian films, concerts and lecture series.

One departure from competitors is that they pay cash upfront for their produce, unlike other chains, and thus get the pick of the best.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

5. Likes NanSanPedro, Garyexpat, ctrob, jeb321 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    The owners are a turbo evangelical Christian family, and ar promoters of Christian films, concerts and lecture series.

One departure from competitors is that they pay cash upfront for their produce, unlike other chains, and thus get the pick of the best.
    Thanks, that is cool to know.

7. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to Bravo a few times. I always feel like I'm in a big colmado. Selection is very limited as well.

I haven't been to one in two years; maybe it's time to take another look.

9. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I've only been to Bravo a few times. I always feel like I'm in a big colmado. Selection is very limited as well.

I haven't been to one in two years; maybe it's time to take another look.
    I find them to have great quality in produce and meats. The store in Santiago is always packed, sometimes to the point of not finding a parking spot. I would go early in the a.m. when I lived in Santiago. I still shoot up there after Price Mart when driving down from Puerto Plata for meats and veggies (we do get the large packs of boneless, skinless chicken at Price Mart breaking them into separate zip lock bags for the freezer).

11. Likes USA DOC liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I can not speak highly enough of Bravo. They have their own line of products and food. All excellent quality and well below competitors prices. Their juices are the best. None of that 10% real juice dominicn crap! No more being forced to buy Motts apple juice. And 25 pound bags of dog food for less than 600rd. My dogs been eating it and looks good. Their pampers were good also!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    At one stage they didn't open on Sundays or sell alcoholic drinks at any time for religious reasons. Now they sell beer and wine but not spirits. I think the Sunday rule still stands, though.

Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    At one stage they didn't open on Sundays or sell alcoholic drinks at any time for religious reasons. Now they sell beer and wine but not spirits. I think the Sunday rule still stands, though.

Still closed on Sundays. One time I left my wallet at the cashier booth. I went back several hours later, and it was returned. Every dollar and credit card was there...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The house brand products are excellent - including the dog food ------ as mentioned above.

All well priced........really well priced

16. Likes sylindr liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast