Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Friend denied boarding by Air France because he arrived to DR with another airline

My friend just got denied boarding his Air France flight because he originally arrived to Dominican Republic with Air Europa. Did this happen to anyone else? Is that normal airline policy? Possible to get a refund?

My friend is Turkish and had a connecting flight to Istanbul in Charles De Gaulles airport in Paris. He was planning to stay in the international zone for the 2 hours between his flights and doesn't require a transit visa as far as I know.

Regardless the official reason given for denied boarding was that he didn't arrive to DR using Air France. Uh...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid nobody will be able to provide a competent answer without looking at the ticket and the conditions attached.
    One thing is sure: for the airline it does NOT matter how did you arrive to the country of departure.
    Possible scenarios:
    The guy came on Air France equipment, but on Air Europa code-share ticket, and thought this gives him the right to fly back on any Air France flight.
    Or he did some kind of back-to-back ticketing and airlines don't like that.

3. Likes N/A, Hlywud liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems kind of strange. Surely, if one has a ticket, then they have an obligation to transport you to destination....... otherwise they wouldn't sell you the ticket in the first place.

5. Likes Russell liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything is possible here I can’t be surprised at anything anymore.
    Sounds strange I often arrive and depart on differnt airlines but I go to the US and Canada...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There has to be more to the story...Or at least, the reason given has to be something else.
    Done the exact same thing many times, although not coming from DR, never been an issue.

The only reason I can think of is if your friend booked both legs with airfrance and didn't fly the 1st leg, then it would void the whole ticket.
    Last edited by Africaida; 03-05-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

No nothing like that. He came here 3 weeks ago with a one way flight. One clerk told us that there has been issues in the past with Turkish people attempting to enter France during transits. But if that's the real reason they could have at least refused to sell him the ticket in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

I also asked to see in writing (document or website) where that supposed "you can't fly out with air france unless you also arrived with air france" and the supervisor said "it's the rule" and there's no document to see.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olalonde View Post
    I also asked to see in writing (document or website) where that supposed "you can't fly out with air france unless you also arrived with air france" and the supervisor said "it's the rule" and there's no document to see.
    I recall people doing SDQ-CDG with airfrance after visiting me and having arrived in STI with AA...... booked through a travel agent so idk if that changes anything.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have also had my wife arrive with AA/iberia/BA ( i buy with the cheapest, often AA but they put you on whatever airline ). We " lost " the ticket because we went over the 1 year limit ( even though we have done before, whatever ).
    I was pi.ssed so bought with the only other option ( for us ) which was Delta/Air france/KLM ..... she left the dr on a delta flight to New York and then was air france for the 2 other legs of the journey.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olalonde View Post
    No nothing like that. He came here 3 weeks ago with a one way flight. One clerk told us that there has been issues in the past with Turkish people attempting to enter France during transits. But if that's the real reason they could have at least refused to sell him the ticket in the first place.
    Strange that Air Europa let a Turk fly to the DR without having a return ticket.
    Maybe like the rest of Europe they're trying to get rid of the Turks.
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

13. Likes JDJones liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast