Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Public Transportation PUJ to Samana City??

Can I take a public bus from PUJ to Samana City? I recall there was a ferry from Sabana de la Mar. I speak a bit of espanol, so I'm fairly adept at getting around

Post Thanks / Like

For the ferry route you have to take local guaguas, from the airport into Verón, then another one to Miches, and a third one from Miches to Sabana de la Mar. The ferry is very basic, foot passengers only.

The other option is to take Expreso Bávaro bus to Santo Domingo and then a taxi to the Caribe Tours station for the bus to Samaná.

Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    For the ferry route you have to take local guaguas, from the airport into Verón, then another one to Miches, and a third one from Miches to Sabana de la Mar. The ferry is very basic, foot passengers only.

The other option is to take Expreso Bávaro bus to Santo Domingo and then a taxi to the Caribe Tours station for the bus to Samaná.
    No, he must ask to the driver from expreso Bavaro to drop him in front of the bus station after pass by the Santo Domingo toll near to SDQ. Will be wasting time if he stay and take a taxi to Samana Bus Stop passing by front of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    No, he must ask to the driver from expreso Bavaro to drop him in front of the bus station after pass by the Santo Domingo toll near to SDQ. Will be wasting time if he stay and take a taxi to Samana Bus Stop passing by front of it.
    Correct. I forgot that detail.

www.DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks! The guaguas to the ferry is what I'll do. How much time should the PUJ/Sabana de la Mar trip take? I'm excited to undertake this adventure...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sankofatravler View Post
    Thanks folks! The guaguas to the ferry is what I'll do. How much time should the PUJ/Sabana de la Mar trip take? I'm excited to undertake this adventure...
    First you have to check the schedule for the ferry, the bus from Bavaro to Miches they started running 3 times day, not sure if they increased, then you will have to switch in Mixhe to another bus that make a lot stops to Sabana de La Mar, so maybe you will do it faster going to Samana Bus Station in Las Americas,

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an adventure......

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of ours did it in the other direction, leaving Samana city on the first ferry and he was here in Punta Cana by 3:00 pm.

www.DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Miches part of the country is going to change -
    Club Med already.... another global hotel chain imminent....

Good time to check it out........

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    The Miches part of the country is going to change -
    Club Med already.... another global hotel chain imminent....

Good time to check it out........
    Anounced 4 more hotels, and 3 started construction 1 is In the process of paperwork for permits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast