Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping prescription drugs to DR

So, how do you all do that?

We have enough until end of April but if we get stranded here by coronavirus we’ll need refills. Daughter can mail them. I was thinking fedex despite the cost. We don’t have a courier, but could get one. We’d need fast service, because one of them is supposed to be refrigerated.

I also dont want to wait because I’m thinking the couriers use airlines? And if they stop flights????

Admin
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Mailing Prescription Drugs Internationally
    Another big category of items that can’t be shipped internationally are prescription drugs.

In order to ship medications that are prescription strength, you need to go through a number of complicated procedures. The drugs will also need to be shipped commercially by an approved carrier.

If you’re an individual, you won’t be able to ship prescription medications.

http://www.gilbertusa.com/can-you-sh...-restrictions/

Shipped from an approved distributor via an approved carrier, it should be possible. Not sure how much hassle it is to find a company to send to the DR. The courier companies that collect items in Miami for forwarding might have an issue.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some good pharmacies here, can you not get them there, or have them get the prescription for you? Maybe on the North Coast and they could send via Caribe Tours or Metro?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

IF it is really nescessary AND it is not available here (somebody "I know" get their prescripted medicine with no prescription here) I would go Fed Ex. Most of the couriers has a some now and then errors on deliveries, Pick'n'send took 3 months on some banking equipment last year in my case..

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheViking View Post
    IF it is really nescessary AND it is not available here (somebody "I know" get their prescripted medicine with no prescription here) I would go Fed Ex. Most of the couriers has a some now and then errors on deliveries, Pick'n'send took 3 months on some banking equipment last year in my case..
    My sister-in-law is a pharmacist, and at least one of my prescriptions is not available here in my dosage. It would have to be ordered from Spain. And no flights from there probably means no drug. The rest are probably available here but rumors about fakes scare me. Some are really expensive here too, whereas insurance covers them in USA.

Admin
    DR1.com

6. Likes TheViking liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Stick with reputable pharmacies. Inspect the packaging closely. Look for a D.I.N. number which should match your medication from home. Verify the expiration date and look at the seals on the package if any. Those too should be identical to what you get at home if you are buying a name brand product.

If available here, get some now to give you more time as you figure out other arrangements.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

..I have found no problems with prescription drugs here.. if not available over the counter, go to a Doctor in that field and show him a empty drug bottle from your home.. They will charge you about $500 pesos for a Dominican prescription and now you have a Doctor here..and the price at tourist areas is higher...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had ZERO problems ordering from Express Scripts and sending them through CPS. Just send them the invoice and you get the drugs..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I've known people living on the
    North Coast who've told me one
    thing they enjoy about living on
    the North Coast is prescription
    drugs are very easy to purchase
    (cash in hand) without having a
    written prescription/ doctor's approval.

11. Likes Commander Ooh La La, USN liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    I've known people living on the
    North Coast who've told me one
    thing they enjoy about living on
    the North Coast is prescription
    drugs are very easy to purchase
    (cash in hand) without having a
    written prescription/ doctor's approval.
    Curious as to why "North Coast". Is it different in other parts of DR? Why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast