Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Payment of overstay fees

Could somebody please tell me if they accept credit cards for the payment of the overstay fee at Punta Cana airport?
    Or Euros in cash?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cash only

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HarpB View Post
    Cash only
    Thank you.
    Is 5000 Peso the current amount for for a stay of less than 3 month?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

30 - 90 days 2500 DOP
    3 to 9 months 4000 DOP

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    30 - 90 days 2500 DOP
    3 to 9 months 4000 DOP
    Thank you very much.
    Sorry but another question: I just read there is also a 20 USD exit fee. Can I pay this in DOP or Euro? And is there currently a way to exchange Euros for DOP at the airport?
    The reason for these seemingly stupid questions: I had to get to Punta Cana airport on very short notice to catch a flight my government organizes for us to get home. On the way I depleted almost all of my DOP and USD cash. I have enough EURO cash but I am worried that tomorrow the currency exchange office in the airport will be closed due to the current situation.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt77y View Post
    Thank you very much.
    Sorry but another question: I just read there is also a 20 USD exit fee. Can I pay this in DOP or Euro? And is there currently a way to exchange Euros for DOP at the airport?
    The reason for these seemingly stupid questions: I had to get to Punta Cana airport on very short notice to catch a flight my government organizes for us to get home. On the way I depleted almost all of my DOP and USD cash. I have enough EURO cash but I am worried that tomorrow the currency exchange office in the airport will be closed due to the current situation.
    $10 entry tourist card and $20 exit fee is part of your ticket for a while now..