Dermatologist in Santiago Needed

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My wife and I are looking for a good dermatologist in Santiago. Previously, when we lived in Samana, it was easier for us to get to Santo Domingo. But now that we live in Sosua, we would like to meet at least some of our medical needs in Santiago.

I have been given one name--Dr. Freddy A. Simon at the Instituto Dermatologico y Cirugia del Piel in the Centro de Enfermedades. Can anyone speak about him? Is there anyone that you can recommend?

(Occasional visitors who are thinking of coming to the DR to live should be aware that after a few years in the tropical sun you need to check annually with a dermatologist to have removed lesions that could become skin cancer if ignored. This is especially important if you have fair skin and blue eyes.)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
One of the best is

Dra Belkis M
needs_a_shave.gif
artinez at the Clinica Corominas. She does my family...

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, Hillbilly. The orthopedist you recommended was very satisfactory, so will be pleased to take your advice. Do you happen to have an office phone number for Dra. Martinez? Do you know whether she sees patients by appointment, or in order of arrival? When removing lesions, do you know if she burns them off or freezes them with spray?