Dominican Education VS european

armin

Jan 8, 2002
hey folx,

I just have a simple question.

What is the best for a guy that wants to start in a university, take it in DR ?? or in europe??
is it better to have a Dominican Diploma, or dominican?
If i take my diploma here then return to my country will this be viewed as equal to the diplomas there???

Thanx in advance.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If it were me, and I could be accepted by a university in Europe, that is where I would go. Your diploma will have more significance than one granted by an institution in the Dominican Republic.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are several considerations to be taken into account

1) What do you want to study? Medicine? I doubt that you would get into a European Faculty. Same for Dentistry-which in Europe is in the Dark Ages so who would want to study that over there...??
2) Where do you plan to work for then next 35- 40 years?
If you are going to work in Europe, no matter what degree you get you will have to have it re-validated by a University in your "home" country. This also goes for Medicine. And is especialy true for engineering or architecture....lots more studying before certification...
3) Do you think you can cut it at a European University where the average age of the students is way over 24 years old and they are still using systems that went out of educational style in the 1920s...One be-all-end-all exam at the end of a boring year???
4) Can you afford a university in Eurpoe? Education here is much less expensive...Many, many graduates of DR universities have gone on to wonderful careers in Europe...

So before you do anything else-THINK

HB
znaika.gif

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Armin.....aren't you from Canada??

Our university education ranks as one of the tops in the world.
Why would you want to go to Europe or the DR to study??

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Very true Mom

There is McGill, then McGill, then McGill then?

Canada has a very good system, but one of the top in the WORLD?

Besides, I thought you felt a College education was of no use.

Janice, being a PITA

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Part of the problem is knowing the difference between

universities and colleges. In Canada there is a very big difference.
What are you thinking of studying Armin? Also where would you like to work when your studies are completed? What are you present grades for high school? The answers to these questions will determine to a great deal which universities you will be able to apply to, the qualifications you will need to have to find employment once your "schooling" is finished.
Many of our graduates are "snapped" up by US companies and business even before convocation exercises so if you are thinking of migrating to the south (I seem to recall you originally came to Canada from another country) A Canadian "Degree" could be the "key" to immigration.
If you are more adept "technically" or with "technology" a Canadian College may be the way to go. A Canadian "Diploma" is also in high demand in many areas so would be a definite asset.
Perhaps if you would post your responses to Hillbilly's and my questions we could help "direct" you in a more positive manner.
If you don't want to post on the thread you can "Private Message" us by using the button at the bottom of our posts.

armin

Jan 8, 2002
MOmmc

I think im gooing for a Phd in buisness administration, I live in norway,but i have been in Santo domingo for 6 months now, to get a vision of the country as my future place of living.
But im gooing back to norway soon, and if i take my education in Norway and return to DR sometime and settle down, will this be a god impression???
Or i take my education here in santo domingo and after a couple of years return to Norway, will i be on the same line as the other norwegians ???

So....

Im Confiuzed.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Your answer confuses me more and more

A PhD??

Have you done any university?
If you are going to work here in the DR you can get a Masters of Science or an MBA degree in country. If you are planning on living in Norway, I would go there and study.
It is not so much where you study, as who you meet and make friends with. these will be the people that open doors for you all your life..

think some more...

HB
nixweiss.gif