What's with all the RAIN??????

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I read on the US Hurricane Info site that the "weak" El Nino would not affect weather patterns much this year but all this rain is just TOO much!!
It's not just the DR that is involved either.It racks right throught the US and Canada.
A friend saw geese travelling north yesterday......in JUNE!! They should have already reached their summer home and nested by now. Only good thing about Mother Natures sigh is that it does indicate a long autumn. Yipee!!
In the meantime - where's summer?????

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
In Sosua, we have been having a lot of heat and little rain. No geese sighted here.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
How's the flooding situation in the south?

I understand there was lots of flooding in Pennsylvania and New York states the other day also.
We've been lucky where I live. Lots of cloud,cool temps and just enough rain to make the gardner in me happy. If only it would warm up a bit!!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
A little note to the guy upstairs.

Dear Boss,

I am glad that you are watching over us, and that you noticed that a few weeks ago a drought was threatening to cut the generation in our dams. That would have made the power crisis so much worse for us. My unquestioned gratitude for that.

Now that our dams are full, the heat wave mitigated and our farms irrigated, could you please let us have a day or two of sunshine? This is the Caribbean for yer's sake! My back yard is green and slimy and my trip to the beach was a disaster.

Not that I am questioning your omniscient self, yer forbid. Just my humble suggestion.

Regards,
Pib

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
It's raining hard in Calgary, has been since Friday night...no chance of drought so far over here...we've had more snow and rain this year than we know what to do with. Where's that sun???

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
It's here in SouthWestern Ontario!!! Sunny, hot and 30' tomorrow!!!!! Loving it!!!!!!

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Been rainin' cats and dogs

here in Illinois. There have also been a few isolated tornados; none close to my home yet.

As to the geese, early broods have already hatched out and the goslings appear to weigh 2# or more.

It seems as though more and more Canada geese spend the winter here rather than make the long trek farther south.

Swede