Caribe Tour Bus from Samana

jene1971

May 3, 2002
I have seen that the Caribe Tour Bus leaves from Sosua to Samana every day at 7:00 am. My question is when does it return?

I am leaving for the DR in 2 1/2 weeks (first trip) and would like to say that this forum has been very informative and I would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to the DR.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tour bus to Samana...

Departs Puerto Plata at 7am, Sosua at 7:30 am, reaches Samana about 10:30. Leaves Samana at 4 pm.

There is another bus that I can tell you about. It leaves at Samana about 2pm and gets to Sosua about 5:30. I often take it so can recommend it if its schedule is more to your liking. If you want more details, let me know.

jene1971

May 3, 2002
Our flight leaves Puerto Plata to return home at 3:30 pm. I am looking for the best method of travel back to Puerto Plata. It is starting to look like it will be a taxi unless anyone has any better ideas.

I am the worst backseat driver on the planet (I drive my husband nuts) so I think a bus would be the most comfortable mode of travel for me.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is no bus that will get you to the POP airport in time to make a 3:30 flight. You can leave the day before and spend the night in Sosua or Cabarete, then take a taxi from there, or you can take a taxi from Samana. This will cost you about US$100. You could also look into a flight (small plane) from Samana airport to POP airport. There are companies based at the POP airport that provide this service. Have no idea what the charge is, but there was a post within last couple of days from someone staying in Las Terrenas. He indicated that the airfare, roundtrip, for he and his wife to Las Terrenas was US$280. If you could get a one-way flight for half that, the difference between it and the taxi might be tolerable for "the worst backseat driver on the planet."

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly's point of view

Take the bus back the day before, just like Ken has said. Stay at Sofy's B&B in POP (586-6411) and enjoy a good night's rest and one of the best breakfasts anywhere in God's Green earth!

Not a bad way to finsih up a nice vacation.. IMOP,

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you decide to take a taxi....

If you decide to take the taxi, talk with Kim Beddall in Victoria Marine/Whale Samana. Her office is on the side of Camilo's Restaurant, on the corner facing the park. She is a Canadian who has been in business in Samana almost 20 years and has a list of the taxi drivers she uses for her tours. There are plenty of taxis in Samana, but she can help you pick one that will be less stressful than what you might experience if you pick one randomly. If you contact her, feel free to tell her that I gave you her name.