PP vs. PC-Help Please

jhermes

Mar 22, 2002
Hi! My husband and I were in Punta Cana in March of this year. We had a FABULOUS time...loved every second of our vacation. We stayed at the Riu Maleo. Next winter, we want to return to the Dominican Republic with our two sons--ages 18 and 20. I have read some reviews that indicate that Puerta Plata has more in the way of a night life than does Punta Cana. Is this true? Do you think our kids would have more fun going to a resort in the Puerta Plata area? Would they find more young single people? We loved the Riu Maleo, and were thinking that we would like to stay in the Riu chain. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Your friends are right. There is more to do in Puerto Plata. Make sure to take the Damajagua excursion that takes you to the top of the 21 falls. Also rent a car and drive out to the Isabela Park where Columbus first landed. Visit the Columbus Water Park. Sosua and of course stay a night or two in Cabarete, with great restaurants and relaxed beach night life. For discos, Playa Dorada is a good choice as there are lots of hotels that share dancing at the complex's discos. People can meet on the beach or in the mall and then gather for night life.

This is more limited in Punta Cana, where you are limited to your resort.