Dominicans to deport illegals

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
The DR has decided to deport 62 illegal Chinese after they were issued visas from Haiti. Good for them!! Canada and other countries have something to learn from the DR.

They should however first be made to work to pay for their deportation, this way, no others will think about following in their steps.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe because if they hadn't been stopped

at the DR "way station" they would have ended up in the US so the US is "thanking" the DR powers that be for intercepting them.
With all the financial problems the Dr has I don't think too many US bound "illegals" who won't be staying in the DR anyway are a top priority for the DR administration.
Just my humble opinion.......

bobnoxious

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 2, 2002
IMHO

They were Canada bound, Mom. I think the Knuks should pony up. For public health care...and skiing lessons!!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Could be Bob......

but the news article did say they were believed US bound.
Anyway according to some learned posters on the board it is much easier to enter Canada then if so desired hop over the border to US. Why risk a sea crossing (witness the 60 Dominicans "lost" then found this week trying to get to Puerto Rico....also news items)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Fred I see your still a bit spitfull

Now that's a pretty thought...are you teething, Fred?

Oh...you mean SPITEful...okay, I will lay off on the spelling...sorry, couldn't resist.

Sli

Mar 25, 2002
Thanks Trina

Couldn't resist either

Education is the key and those who are willing to learn more of what they know already, will succeed.

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Not Spiteful

Just tired of seeing illegals jumping the line, while others wait for years to immigrate legally.

Stiffer penalties are needed to deter others.