Lti Sol de Plata Punta Cana Beach Resort

traveladdict

Jun 12, 2002
I'm getting conflicting information about this resort. First, my travel brochures say it opened September, 2000 but some reviews state that it's an older hotel (peeling paint, etc.). I'd like to know before I book if it's older or not. I'm trying to compare it to the Fiesta Bavaro (which is older...1992, I think but refurbished in 2000??). Some people in our group say they prefer newer but if the Lti isn't newer, it's not a fair comparison. Also, I'd appreciate any comments on the Lti Sol De Plata Punta Cana Beach resort or the Fiesta Bavaro, for that matter. Thanks for the help! We can get a great deal at either resort but need to decide quickly! I have a feeling that some reviews are really talking about another Lti resort since all the Lti names are so similar!

traveladdict

Jun 12, 2002
Just for all those "lookers", I sent a note to the hotel and they promptly (less than 24 hours) e-mailed me back. The Lti sol de Plata was built in 1999 but OPENED in 2000....so, it's very new. I also heard back from several people who posted reviews so this place looks great from both a price and review perspective. Lti, I think we're heading your way!!!