Great resource for Canadians to DR

jazzcom

And best of all prices are in Canadian dollars, so very good deals out of Toronto. US dollar is around $1.60 Cdn. So a $300 cdn fare is around $186 US +/-

Please note that this does not include departure, airport improvement and security taxes out of Toronto.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Right, Hlywud, which can sometimes be almost the same price as the flight. That's my beef about living in Canada...the taxes...but hey, in what other country could I get a year off paid maternity leave?

Toronto

Taxes and all the other stuff to the DR out of Pearson International is $145.70 Canadian per person.
Yes, a years maternity leave with pay, what a wonderful country, I paid into the fund for 32 years and never drew a nickle. Rules changes 6 months prior to retirement when previously I would have been able to draw UIC for 1 year. Just my luck.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
$145.70 is actually better that I thought it was. I guess it just feels like so much more when you see the final total.

Ouch, that's terrible about retirement, I had no idea they changed that law....your situation just isn't fair...too many out there that abuse the system, I guess. This is the first time I've had the pleasure of seeing my past contributions put to work, so I am going to enjoy my summer by the pool!