Change The Forum Setup

arenas809

May 22, 2002
Hi Rob, a lot of us are confused by the new setup, we also feel by changing the name of the forum from Open to total waste of blah blah, it will encourage others to do just that, post stuff thats a waste of time...we were in favor of adding a new part to the forum, but not changing the whole setup...it is up to know, but I just thought I would voice my opinion, thanks....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Give it time...

Everyone knew the open forum was going to get split, eventually :)

The problem:
As we grow, we need to separate the forums a little. It helps for easier navigation and a clearer understanding of what goes it what place.

People hate and resist change even if it's good for them.
Trust me, in 2-3 weeks time you will go nuts if I changed back to the original setup.

Corona

Apr 18, 2002
I really like the Forum changes, Rob. At first glance, it made sense... nicely organized, in my opinion. Thanks!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I agree.

I have a visited other wesbites with this layout and this is the best idea. It would be so crazy trying to find information is it is kept as it was before. This website is attaracting new people and as it grows, the new layout is more reasonable.

NoMoreSnow

Apr 10, 2002
well Robert ...

I for one like to new forum setup .... I now know which area of the Board to go to when I want what ... I now know where to find lude jokes and rude commentary ... there is now one area of the Board that I know not to go to ... looking for "Inner Peace" because I will get "Inner Piece" ...

I now know that if I want to participate in "making fun of skankies" I go to the Clown Bin ...

If I want investigate my prospects in the "skankie trade" I go to the Men From Mars Women From Venus ...

and if I want a serious discussion on issues related to the sex-trade industry in the DR, including vitimization, gender inequality, social myths and stereotypes, violence, incest, poverty, I go to the General category ...

I am not attempting to put down any of the above categories as they all have importance at the right time and in the right place...

Well Robert...... and on the seventh day when God had finished creating the heavens and the earth he looked at his work and said "It is Good"

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I always click on " View new posts" which is right under your user name, then all the new posts in every catagory comes up and you can choose to view it or not but you have all of them in front of you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Like Anna and others who frequently check for new posts, I click on the "view new posts" button. But I much prefer the new format because it gives some much needed guidance regarding where various topics should be posted.

In my opinion, the set up that was implemented in January was superior to what existed before, and the latest changes are a further improvement.