what are the interest payments on $6 million US...

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
what are the interest payments on US$6million....over 3 years? close to being equivalent to the RD$10 million needed to complete this project?

i took the liberty of copying this story from the June 13/02 news page:

>>>RD$100 million in abandoned medical equipment

Hoy newspaper publishes today the sad story of RD$100 million in medical equipment that would have been installed in the Hospital Luis Eduardo Aybar but instead have sat abandoned for three years awaiting the completion of construction of a new unit of the important public hospital. The newspaper says the expensive equipment has lost the manufacturer guarantee and personnel would need to be retrained. The equipment has been warehoused in rooms of the new cardio and neuro-ophthalmology surgery unit under construction for the past six years. The construction is finished 90%, but authorities estimate another RD$10 million is needed to habilitate the new area. The equipment cost the state US$6 million and was purchased with an international bank loan borrowed during the Fernandez government. <<<

are there any signs of revolt down there?
mob

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I too was interested in that story.

Can anybody find out what make the equipment is? I used to work for GE Medical, my husband still does.

mk