New Book on Bachata

klaus

Jan 18, 2002
hispaniola.de.vu
I've learned that a new book on Bachata has been published (in the Dominican Republic ?):
Carlos Batista, Bachata, historia y evoluci?n.

I've checked amazon.com, bn.com and others, but found no matches.

Has anyone an idea, how to buy it? At last I need to fly to the DR and buy it there...:)

klaus

santiagera

Mar 8, 2002
I checked with my local Dominican library (I lived in platano land in NYC) and the owner hasn't even heard of it. He said it might be a pretty new book and to check back a few weeks later.

FYI - here's the library contact info:
Libreria Caliope
183 A Dyckman Street
New York, NY 10040
212-567-3511

Great place to get books on DR's history, government, food...

spiderman

Jun 17, 2002
Platano land????

Your such a stupid person. No puedo comprender porque te relacionas con estereotipos. ANIMAL

IM GOING TO LAUGH AT U NOW ;-)

santiagera

Mar 8, 2002
Well, excuse me, Spiderman! - I don't find it offensive calling my neighborhood ?platano land?. I am extremely proud of it.
It is what, we, DOMINICANS who live in Washington and Inwood Heights in NYC call it ? de cari?o!!!

?and how dare you call me ?stupid person?! Please check you spelling before posting OR insulting another member. YOU ARE THE STUPID one (not "your"...get it?!).

Animal talves sea la madre que te pario? ? Straight from Platano Land ? Y que?

Klaus
Any time - was just trying to help - I really hope that you find the book.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Dominicans = Plantanos

This is how Dominicans refer to themselves in alto Manhatten. Go spend some time on Dyckman, 181st or 160th before you get too offended. I'm known to affectionately call my Dominican students "los plantanos".