airplane plant/why?

harold

Mar 23, 2002
Why does the Ukraine want to start an airplaine manufacturing plant in DR. They are poor too. Don't they need it for their citizens?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
harold said:
Why does the Ukraine want to start an airplaine manufacturing plant in DR. They are poor too. Don't they need it for their citizens?

I was reading about it also. There can only be one conclusion. A lot of people are going to make alot of money then the project will disappear.
The plane to be assembled in the DR is the Antonov AN-70. It is a 4 engined Prop-Fan Cargo/passenger aircraft. The Prop-Fan is different from the common Turbo Prop as it is basically a Turbo-fan engine driving 2 swept back counter-rotating propellers. This gives great performnce and fuel economy with one big Drawback. It is Hellishly loud! So loud that the Prop-fan has not had many takers.
This plane is way too advanced for it to be assembled in the DR. Also the contract is for only 7 planes. HArdly worthwhile for building and developing a assembly plant. And with no realistic hope of follow-up orders I see this as just another way for Hipo and his buddies to cash in. Not to mention Hipo's Counterparts in the Ukraine.
Now if I just knew how I would post a photo of the AN-70 on this thread

Tony C.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A "MATCH" made in Hell!

Like one thief said to the other;"You lie,and I,ll swear to it!The Ukranians(not noted for financial integrity),have cut a deal with Mister"Flim Flam" himself! Wait until we hear about all the great "DEALS" our President has cut during his visits to the other "World Capitals of Coruption!"This guy only needs one term,he is set for life already!CRISCO:devious: :eek:gre: :pirate: