Hillbilly or anyone

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
As a Dominican living in the US, I have been exposed to all kinds of music over the years. And since Hillbilly knows so many people, I would like to know if he knows/or has met Gordon Lightfoot. I am planning to visit Massey Hall in Toronto in mid-November to watch him in concert. Anne Murray is another all-time favorite of mine, along with Burton Cummings and The Guess Who. Brian Adams' voice is as cool as Texas native Don Henley's.
Has Mr. Lightfoot ever performed in the DR?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You are kidding, right? Do you work as a DJ for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation?

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, but I wish he would

We need some good music to brighten the day....

the only non latin singer that I know of that has sung here is Frank Sinatra! I could be wrong, but I really can't remember any others??

otherwise it is Bachata, Baby!
band.gif

HB

needs_a_shave.gif

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
No, I am not kidding. And no, I am not a DJ. I just love good music, young and old, goldies and goodies. From Marty Robbins and Buddy Holly to Marc Anthony, Antony Santos, La Banda Gorda, to Lost Toros Band, Luis Vargas, Waylon Jennings, Linda Ronstadt and Helen Reddy; and from Charles Aznavour, Jethro Tull, Cliff Richards and Boney M, to Hector Lavoe, CCR, and everything in between, including ZZTOP, Led Zep, and the Traveling Willberries. Joe Cocker, Buzz Scaggs, and the magnificent Eagles. Oh, yeah, can't forget Snoop Dogg, Arrested Development, and the supremely great Bob Seger; Al Green, Mellencamp and The Boss (Springsteen); Simon and Garfunkel, Ruby Perez, Fernandito, and the now defunct 440.
And the beautiful Dusty Springfield, Furtado, and Alanai Morrisete.
And so many other.
I am just in awe of Gord, Henley and the late Waylon J.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: No, but I wish he would

Hillbilly said:
We need some good music to brighten the day....

the only non latin singer that I know of that has sung here is Frank Sinatra! I could be wrong, but I really can't remember any others??

http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/ups/DeNiro/needs_a_shave.gif[/img]

Heart, Santana, Joan Jett, & Miami Sound Machine All have played at Altos De Chavon
Barry White Played Estadio Quisqueya, And the Producers played at the Olympic Stadium. Trying to remember others!

Gordon Lightfoot? Helen Reddy? Are they still alive? And if they are, Why? How can anybody like Led Zep then say they like Cliff Richards?

Tony C.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Altos de Chavon

Yup, I seem to recall Miami Sound machine playing...Santana? and the others I am sure if you say so.. However, Altos isn't really the DR....

I'm really just jealous, since I live too many hours away from there....

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Heart and Santana played a double bill. After Heart(Yawn!) played the rain started comming down. Santana Played a few songs before they gave up.
Miami Sound Machine played Altos twice. One as Miami Sound machine then again as "Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine" I had a couple of friends in the Horn section so I would go to the concerts and party with my buddies afterwards at Genisis.
I recall that The Village People and The Ritchie Family played in Puerto Plata back in 1984 or 85. I believe The one of the VP was busted for carrying Pot afterwards.

Tony C.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Re: Altos de Chavon

Hillbilly said:
.. However, Altos isn't really the DR....
QUOTE]

rod stewart played there in march...however, some might not consider him "good music" :classic:

mob

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
One moment please?

Have you people forgotten that LaToya Jackson played in the inauguration of Sand Castle in Sosua back in the 80's?

Not that I am proud of that. :bored:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just goes to show

That when it comes to music and the farandula I have to keep my mouth closes and my fingers off the keyboard...

So stop jogging my memory, yes I remember La Toya and her breasts.....

HB, nerd...
nixweiss.gif

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Didn't U2 film a video in the POP area? And Michael Jackson didn't perform, but he was married in La Vega - that *sort of* counts.

(One time, I saw Sarah Gilbert (Darlene from "Roseanne") at the Pyramide discoteque in Sosua...Not a singer, but I saw her.)

roger

Jun 23, 2002
I walked all over gordon lightfoot

I walked on the 'Gordon Lightfoot' trail today in his hometown, Orillia, Ontario on the way to my Dad's house for dinner. If you walk all the way to the end you will get to Tudhope Park, where they are presenting the Mariposa Folk Festival on the 5,6,7 of July
Come one and all. Or we could just walk the trail and go to my Dad's. He can cook better than Gordon Lightfoot and is no slouch in the dessert area.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Altos de Chavon isn't the DR? Next you'll be saying Disney World and Las Vegas aren't the USA. Sure they are. They are "part" of it as much as Barstow and Cleveland, Washington D.C. and Dallas.

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
HB, you are obviously an Internet sleuth. You've got the best smilies on the board - bar none!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I owe it all to my friends

Most of these smilies come from a site in the Netherlands:
http://www.smilies.nl

Others come from mysmilies.com

And I do look at the links...

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

I don't know why my 'ugly' face won't come up??
jpshakehead.gif